• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

đź“Ł News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little cautious with new vinyl and will be a CD devotee until I die - or it dies. Since the vinyl is not officially coming out until February, I'll take a wait and see attitude about it and then make a decision. I don't need specially colored or white vinyl. Those things usually add problems that I don't need. As for Richard's autograph, I already have two. One on the SACD and one on that GOLD 35th set that was auctioned off on eBay.

I with Harry on this, given the vinyl issues we`ve gone through this year! the vinyl collection has been a nightmare and I`ve bought two white `collected` that have had issues, so I think I`ll hold back on the vinyls to study reviews first.
not a fan of autographs and no disrespect to Richard, but his are never going to worth anything the like of Karen`, though I appreciate it`s not about the money. there`s a copy of `now & then` on ebay at the moment that`s been signed by Richard and Karen, but it`s been personalised to someone and he`s starting the bid at ÂŁ400 .............. good luck with that one :)

The prices for these items seem more than fair for a new release (I was pleasantly surprised). Let's hope that they have "learned" from the vinyl box set "quality issues", and will deliver high quality vinyl this time (hope springs eternal, ya know :D!).

If someone has an “in” with Richard, maybe they could mention vinyl concerns from the past.

I would think with the way this is being marketed and promoted so far, UMG will make sure vinyl pressings are good.
Jonathan

Exclusive: Richard Carpenter is pleased to announce that Carpenters studio albums from 1969 to 1981 will be re-released for the 50th Anniversary with new arrangements in collaboration with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Now that would be some anniversary present if true!!

(Moderator: please don't post fake news.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Exclusive: Richard Carpenter is pleased to announce that Carpenters studio albums from 1969 to 1981 will be re-released for the 50th Anniversary with new arrangements in collaboration with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Now that would be some anniversary present if true!!

Oh you little *%@*%*!*@ ! :laugh:

I skipped the last line, then re read it and deflated lol

Last edited by a moderator:
All the studio albums from 1969 to 1973 are in need of some TLC, and although the remixes from this period went some way to improve the sonic properties of the limited recording capabilities of that period, after listening to YOM from the RPO album, it proves what can be achieved with a different orchestration and up to date technology to enhance the overall sound. I’ve been a fan of reverb used in almost all of the remixes until now. The sonic dimension has now been widened without reverb, it’s technically brilliant and must have taken a lot of work to achieve the right balance between vocals verses orchestration. I can’t wait to hear the remaining tracks including I Just Fall In Love Again, as the orchestration was originally done by Peter Knight, should be an interesting listen.

I've listened to both MCD and YOM. Really enjoyed the first. Felt like Karen's vocal had been pushed back a little too much in the latter, but might feel differently the more I hear it. Overall, I like that they weren't tampered with too much. But I look forward more to hearing what's been done with Goodbye to Love, Superstar, and the album cuts. Mostly happy that Richard was able to be involved in a Carpenters project like this at this stage. Must have been a very happy experience, especially for him to be coming back into the public a bit to promote it. Good for him, and good for us.

I was thinking that since Richard will be in Japan to promote this album w/ bonus track in Japan. This might be the perfect time for Richard to approve or give his blessing on what the Japanese have in store for the 50th anniversary and contribute something for release next year from Japan. They did a 35th and 40th so I can't see them not doing a 50th set.

Did anyone buy one of the Carpenters t-shirts? I can't decide which looks better the white or the black one.

Last edited:
I saw that HMV is offering a discount if you buy all of the forthcoming CD reissues coming out. I have a feeling that those are it.

I was thinking that since Richard will be in Japan to promote this album w/ bonus track in Japan. This might be the perfect time for Richard to approve or give his blessing on what the Japanese have in store for the 50th anniversary and contribute something for release next year from Japan. They did a 35th and 40th so I can't see them not doing a 50th set.

Did anyone buy one of the Carpenters t-shirts? I can't decide which looks better the white or the black one.

Get both Rick, Christmas is coming up, SPLURGE!

Actually, that gear looks pretty good, I might get some for the 50th thing in April.

They are now part of my iTunes collection that I can play anywhere! Thanks so much. I opened them in adobe audition and they are pushed to the max without any noise that gives it as much clarity as possible.

I can’t imagine the family pride that existed while they were all together for the recording!
I was thinking the same today, how thrilled they must have been. Two incredible musicians, siblings, created such incredible, timeless music that sounds fresh today. They could of each had a separate successful career on their own, but together they were, and are, a powerhouse. Karen's voice, and Richard's arrangements give me goosebumps to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom