• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it can’t be the same song otherwise it wouldn’t be an exclusive in Japan. CD Japan is saying “Bonus Track: a Japan only bonus track.”

Universal is pulling out all the stops huh? I never thought I’d be ever buying a Carpenters CD from Target. Did I say my poor wallet yet?

In an ideal world Rick, you're right. Target would have Those Good Old Dreams, but I've got a feeling it'll just be Postman and neither organization will have liaised with one another over marketing. . .or they don't particularly care.

If it was TGOD as their extra track I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. Let me know if you hear anything?

As put under the 'heard Carpenters' section the bbc radio2 show of Graham Norton played the new RPO yesterday once more this morning.Graham also said he will be hosting a new show on Carpenters and their music in future weeks.No idea if for tv or radio.Also is it possible the cold ending of the song is to allow it to be performed live in the near future?

I'm really thrilled for what's in store. I'm hoping that the album will be essentially a Carpenters symphony with many of the songs running seamlessly from one to the next, creating a memorable listening experience. I expect most of the songs will have only subtle enhancements but I also suspect at least a few will be given a more dramatic treatment. If I were a betting man I'd guess "Baby It's You" and "I Just Fall in Love Again" will be among the latter. Will we be given any lead vocals that are different than the usual ones we're accustomed to? Fingers crossed, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Just as exciting for me is the fact that the Carpenters are being given the attention and marketing they deserve, making it possible for a whole new audience to discover the duo. Think about it. We have a new album that's being supported by an apparently cohesive and well thought out marketing plan which includes a newsletter, social media, an online store, press releases, video documentation, and planned media appearances. It looks as if the RPO project is getting a serious push ahead of the holidays and I suspect "Merry Christmas Darling" will get lots of attention. On top of that we have tantalizing teasers of even more to come in 2019. When was the last time we as fans had so much to be happy about? (Now, if someone could just do a serious update to the official Carpenters website :))

Last edited:
Listen to the quick, descending string section from about 2:18 to 2:22 in "Yesterday Once More"

Compare that with the similar quick descending string section on Richard's arrangement on 2005's "Gomenasai" by t.A.T.u. at around 2:08.

I'm really thrilled for what's in store. I'm hoping that the album will be essentially a Carpenters symphony with many of the songs running seamlessly from one to the next, creating a memorable listening experience. I expect most of the songs will have only subtle enhancements but I also suspect at least a few will be given a more dramatic treatment. If I were a betting man I'd guess "Baby It's You" and "I Just Fall in Love Again" will be among the latter. Will we be given any lead vocals that are different than the usual ones we're accustomed to? Fingers crossed, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Just as exciting for me is the fact that the Carpenters are being given the attention and marketing they deserve, making it possible for a whole new audience to discover the duo. Think about it. We have a new album that's being supported by an apparently cohesive and well thought out marketing plan which includes a newsletter, social media, an online store, press releases, video documentation, and planned media appearances. It looks as if the RPO project is getting a serious push ahead of the holidays and I suspect "Merry Christmas Darling" will get lots of attention. On top of that we have tantalizing teasers of even more to come in 2019. When was the last time we as fans had so much to be happy about? (Now, if someone could just do a serious update to the official Carpenters website :))
I agree! This is a "historic" release, as some articles have mentioned, and it's about time the re ord company hot behind them.

I cannot wait to hear what they've done to This Masquerade (I'm listening to it as I write). Can it possibly get any better?! We shall see. I am literally counting the days!!

Listen to the quick, descending string section from about 2:18 to 2:22 in "Yesterday Once More"

Compare that with the similar quick descending string section on Richard's arrangement on 2005's "Gomenasai" by t.A.T.u. at around 2:08.

Good comparison. One the best string arrangements by Richard is possibly Tryin' To Get That Feeling Again. It really stood out as something completely new from his arranging skills.

[QUOTE="Harry, post: 182627, member:

Yes, it sometimes hurts being a completist.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I am playing a funeral today and the pay should more than cover what I order.....later today.

Of course I am looking forward to the new orchestral parts on the songs we all love, but can’t wait to hear the overture and all of the interludes than connect the songs.

I'm excited to hear Baby It's You (always one of my favorites). But I'm curious and excited about I Just Fall in Love Again as it hasn't been a track I'm too fond of. But I can see the possibilities.

I'm a little cautious with new vinyl and will be a CD devotee until I die - or it dies. Since the vinyl is not officially coming out until February, I'll take a wait and see attitude about it and then make a decision. I don't need specially colored or white vinyl. Those things usually add problems that I don't need. As for Richard's autograph, I already have two. One on the SACD and one on that GOLD 35th set that was auctioned off on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom