A quote by SOL LAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Dear Forum Members,

I’m the proud owner of one of the 500 copies worlwide of the ‘A&M RECORDS the first 25 years’ book publications by A&M records in 1987.

There’s one quote by SOL LAKE:

"at one time I had a society trio and Dave(Alpert} was my regular drummer. I was playing piano. Herb payed a few dates with us.
At the time, I’d had thirty-six of my songs recorded, including ‘Roly Poly’
by Doris Day for the movie ‘PillowPillow Talk’. But I hadn’t had a hit.
"At one date, I played Herb a new song: at the time he told me that I had written better things. [But] the next morning, he called me and told me he couldn}t sleep all night long, and asked me if he could record it...Later in the fall, Herb called me and played a tune for me over the telephone and asked me how I liked it. I asked him ‘What ’s that sound? It sounds pretty good to me? And he he said, ‘You idiot, thas your tune’. I didn’t recognize it because it had a completly different beat, and he had given it the sound of the the Tijuana Brass. Anyway, I was thrilled and dashed over to the garage, wher he played the thing for me. And later our wives got together and decide what they would like to have with the royalties.
the song was the LONELY BULL."

–Sol Lake

I like to share this it with my Forum members because of my sincere love for A&M records.

All the best
Aqua do Brasil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom