Agnetha Fältskog-My Colouring Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I don't buy many Cd's but I will probably get this one. If you have a chance check out her website, I wish Richard Carpenter would make an official site like this, her's is very classy.

Go to the music button at the bottom & watch her video, "If I thought You'd Ever Change Your Mind" I really like that song. I'll probably order the single also.

Wow, I had forgotton how much I like her vocals.

http://www.agnetha.se/

Thanks for posting the link to Agnetha's website! She is one of my all time favorite female vocalists, so I just HAVE to buy her new CD. Is this going to be a Sweden-only release?

[RANT] I don't buy many CDs anymore, but the few that I do buy usually end up being expensive European, Japanese, or Australian imports. I'm tired of inflated shipping charges, and being hit by customs. The last CD I bought I ordered from Australia. Customs hit me up for $11. WHY do foreign artists' CDs rarely get released in North America anymore?:mad: [/RANT]

Murray
...who thinks that Agnetha sounds (and looks) as good as ever!...

I saw the material on Agnetha's CD. Mostly covers of old songs I think she would be real good at.

Damn The American Music Market, that it's unlikely we'll ever see it sold here!! :mad:

"Crayons Ready? Order Now!" :laugh:

Dave

...an ABBA Fan, from wayyy back...! :winkgrin:

Murray, I noticed that towerrecords has the CD & you don't pay shipping over 20 bucks, although the cd is still expensive.

If you can't play the video, there is also a link to just play the latest song and there are lyrics on her website for all the songs, so I can look at the words as the video plays.

I still think it's a pretty nifty website, would love to see Richard do something like that, where the CD insert folds over like turning pages, nice job.

..who played her song 4 times last night, online...

I tried getting this new CD at 3 local record stores where I live & none had it. I even tried a store that usually carries Imports but they didn't carry her new CD. I loved the single so much that I wanted both single version also. I ended up ordering them online thru Amazon.

I actually ended up paying alot less with Amazon so it turned out nice. This was my first purchase w/ Amazon & it went smooth & pretty fast delivery too. The only problem I had was when the box was delivered, one of the front panels was pushed in so the plastic tape was off, almost like someone tried to slip there hand in there, Everything was there so I was relieved at that. :) Maybe they were into rap :shock: Sorry, no rap for this kid. :D Out of courisoty would Amazon have reimbursed me if someone had taken a CD out?

The nice thing about Amazon is they give you option of combining 2 CD's for a low price. This was new to me. So when I ordered the official CD My Coloring Book, it asked me if I wanted the single to go with it at a reduced price. I said yes!!! So I saved money. :) Free Shipping too.

So I finally got the official Cd My Coloring Book and also 2 CD Singles of If I thought you'd ever change your mind, one is a Blue Mix (which contains 2 tracks) and another is the Red Mix (which contains 3 tracks) The single CD's say they are made in England. She has such a unique voice.

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
I actually ended up paying a lot less with Amazon so it turned out nice. This was my first purchase w/ Amazon & it went smooth & pretty fast delivery too.

I ordered Agnetha's new CD from Amazon.ca, along with Melissa Manchester's new CD. Since it was my first time buying from them, they also gave me $5 off my order, and free shipping too! :) I'm really looking forward to hearing both of these albums when they arrive.

Amazon.ca didn't offer any discount on the singles, so I didn't order them. They wanted C$17.99 for each single, which seems pretty high. The album itself was priced at C$19.99.

Murray, I paid $12.99 & $6.49 for each single, the higher one being the one with the extra track. If you decide to hunt for the single, I would go with the Blue Mix one (with slight blueish cover) it contains a blue mix that is really cool, sorta like an acoustic with more emphasis on her vocal without all the intrumentation.

The Red Mix (redish cover) is more of a dance heavy beat mix, it's ok, but I'm not really into the dance stuff so I probably could have done without that one.

Wonder why your prices were so much higher for singles?

N.P. Blue Mix

Wonder why your prices were so much higher for singles?

I don't know what the situation is in the US, but in Canada we have to pay import duty on goods manufactured outside of North America, and this would have been reflected in the price. Also, the UK Pound is worth close to $2.50 in Canadian dollars, so British imports tend to be very expensive.

BTW, where was your album made?

Murray said:
BTW, where was your album made?

Have not been able to open the album yet, it's being held for my B-Day :D Some things are worth waiting for. :D But I'll let you know. Sounds like you may get the chance to listen to it before me. I have listened to the Blue Mix Single though. :tongue:

Have not been able to open the album yet, it's being held for my B-Day :D Some things are worth waiting for. :D But I'll let you know. Sounds like you may get the chance to listen to it before me.

Chris, my copy of the album finally arrived, and it was certainly worth the wait. Agnetha sounds as good as ever (perhaps better, if that's possible!), and the CD mastering is superb!! :D I hope you don't have to wait too long for your birthday to arrive, 'cause you're in for a real treat...

I can hardly believe that it's been close to 20 years since Agnetha's last english-language album. I sure hope it won't be another 20 years before the next one!

Murray
...NP: Agnetha Faltskog - "My Colouring Book" :love:...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom