Another Sergio Mendes hits compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
It may have been mentioned here a while back, but on March 4th, in Japan, Universal issued a new Sergio Mendes compilation CD.

Called, confusingly, GREATEST HITS, it's an album designed to combine the new with the old.

142.jpg

UCCU1217

1 Mas Que Nada Featuring The Black Eyed Peas
2 The Look Of Love Featuring Fergie
3 That Heat Featuring Erykah Badu And Will.i.am Of The Black Eyed Peas
4 Waters Of March Featuring Ledisi
5 Pais Tropical
6 Pretty World
7 Never Gonna Let You Go
8 Wichita Lineman
9 (Sittin` On) The Dock Of Bay
10 Scarborough Fair
11 Constant Rain (Chove Chuva)
12 With A Little Help From My Friends
13 Fool On The Hill
14 The Frog
15 For Me
16 Going Out Of My Head
17 Night And Day
18 The Look Of Love
19 Mas Que Nada
20 Waters Of March - Dj Spinna Vocal

It's available from the usual Japanese sources like CD Japan and HMV Japan. It doesn't seem to be on Amazon US's radar.

I've not yet taken the plunge.

Harry

Well, somehow the cover resembles another Sergio Mendes CD; not sure which one, let alone if it was a compilation of some sort, but might be...

Looks like NEW material from Timeless and Encanto is included here, too...

Dave

I probably won't be taking the plunge on this one. You'd think they' at least have sprung for new cover art.

Since everyone of these tracks is already in CD, if I wanted this, I would just make a CD for myself with those songs on it. I wouldn't waste the hassle of dealing with a site from Japan, and postage etc.

Well I ultimately "took the plunge" and the CD arrived yesterday.

Since everyone of these tracks is already in CD...

Not quite true. the final track on this disc is a new "mix" of the Ledisi track from ENCANTO, and according to the liner notes listing, hasn't appeared on any CD before - it's 6:52 in length. It's listed as a "Bonus Track" and may be limited to the early Japanese first pressing.

The disc is housed in a standard, clear jewel case. For the logo-obsessed among us, one can find a Concord Records logo, an A&M Records logo, and a Universal Music logo on both the back insert and the disc itself.

Mastering is by Shigeki Fujino, Universal Recording Studios
Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom