• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Another (uncredited) Gracinha cameo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
You know how you can listen to something for years (sometimes decades) and suddenly hear something new all of a sudden? I decided to haul out "Crystal Illusions" this morning and listen to it and I was surprised to hear something I've never noticed before: I'm pretty sure Gracinha is one of the singers on "Dois Dias". It's more noticeable in some sections than others (notably the first verse). I'm curious if any of you other longtime Sergio listeners can hear her, or or my aging ears deceiving me? :laugh:

It's hard to tell. Lani uses so little "vibrato" throughout that album that her voice would blend very well with Gracinha's.

I'm inclined to think it's just Lani, but who knows? Gracinha was certainly in Sergio's loop by then, given her appearance on the previous album.

I only hear Lani and Karen on that one, one of my favorites on the album. And you'd think that after all these years, I'd even have a clue how to pronounce the title of the song, "Dois Dias", but you'd be wrong.

To me, it sounds like a line in the song says "...dway doche..", which to me, would be a sort of backwards pronunciation of the title, but its the spelling of the second word, "dias" that always gives me the problem. I would have thought that it should have been "dais" which would rhyme with "mais" and we all know where that went. Anyway, confusion reigns. If any of our Brasilian-speaking contingent could help me out here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Gracinha, if you're reading this, feel free to comment!

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom