• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Another WILD ROMANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybean66

In the late 80's I purchased a cassette of "WILD ROMANCE". I have been waiting for this album to come out on CD...My favorite song "No Time for Time" is on it. I have looked online for any reference to this album and it's as if it never existed! Can someone please please tell me if I can get this album on CD ANYWHERE! Thank u. :freak:

[Moved to proper Forum]

Welcome to the A&M Corner Forum.

WILD ROMANCE is currently out of print. It did exist on CD back when the album was new and remained around as long as stock lasted. I recall seeing it in racks well into the '90s.

We know from Shout! Factory's press releases that the plans are in motion to re-release all of Herb Alpert's material over the next few years, as each title undergoes remastering. So since the Tijuana Brass '60s albums are being done this year, it would likely still be a yaer or two away before WILD ROMANCE could get its turn in the limelight.

If you can't wait that long, and you'll stop at no expense to find it, there's always the eBay route. Currently, as I write this, I see a seller in Germany with a CD copy that expires in four days, starting at $12, and no bids:

Click here to see that auction.

Of course that's likely to change as the auction moves forward, but its something. There are also two eBay marketplace sellers who have fixed prices on WILD ROMANCE CD's of $69 and $100.

Click here to see the list of eBay sellers.

There are also a couple listed on Gemm's website, with the cheaper of the two being $74.99.

Click here to see the Gemm sellers.

The sellers in these latter cases know that the album is out-of-print and want to make money on folks who spend whatever it takes to obtain what they want.

One other option you might consider is buying a vinyl copy of the album. If you have a working turntable, the vinyl is usually cheap enough to use for a CD-R needle-drop. That might keep you going well enough until the album is re-released. Or, you mentioned that you have the cassette. It too, if in good enough shape, could be used as a source for a homemade CD-R until WILD ROMANCE surfaces again.

By the way, you have great taste. "No Time For Time" is one of my favorites from that album, too.

Harry
...welcoming Jellybean66 to the forum, online...

Hi Harry. Thanks for the quick reply and all that info on how to get a CD copy. That's a lot of $ for a CD! Even though I love this album, I think I can wait for the re-release; I have my cassette to hold me until then! The first album I actually bought myself was Wild Romance and I loved No Time For Time right away. The second album I bought was Keep Your Eye on Me (on cassette). I've actually got a vinyl of South of The Border. I will be buying "Lost Treasures" soon.
Some last questions...Will I ever see some kind of boxed set? and...When oh when will Herb make another album of original stuff??? I believe his last album was "Passion Dance" which I'm pretty sure I bought but I think I listened to it once or twice and I haven't done so in about 6 years :sad: . I really would like to hear another album with music like "Keep your eye on me". How about anything with Lani Hall??? (are they still together?) Thanks.

Jellybean66 said:
Some last questions...Will I ever see some kind of boxed set?

Only Herb and Shout! Factory at this point know if any kind of box set is planned. Smart money would be that yes onme will be released - but way down the road after the remaster project is completed.

and...When oh when will Herb make another album of original stuff??? I believe his last album was "Passion Dance" which I'm pretty sure I bought but I think I listened to it once or twice and I haven't done so in about 6 years :sad: . I really would like to hear another album with music like "Keep your eye on me".

His last official album was called HERB ALPERT & COLORS, still available, recorded for his ALMO Sounds label. Many fans dismissed it, but I find a few worthy tracks on it.

How about anything with Lani Hall??? (are they still together?) Thanks.

Lani and Herb are indeed still together - she even got a credit on the LOST TREASURES disc as co-producer. Lani's last solo project was BRASIL NATIVO back in 1998, a Brazilian album with some contributions from Herb and guest artist/composer Dori Caymmi. We believe that Lani also appears on the LOST TREASURES album vocally, assisting Herb on "I'll Never Fall In Love Again." Whether her part was recorded recently or years ago is anyone's guess. My money's on "recently."

Lani's solo efforts are also under their sole control and will possibly see the light of day when the "Herb" project is completed.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom