Anyone Know any details about Karen Philipp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afcorsel

I know she replaced Janis Hansen after the "Look Around" LP. She is supposedly on the "Fool on the Hill" LP right up through to "Pais Tropical".
But with Brasil '66, I never knew WHO was singing what. I wrote about this on You Tube after watching a video of "Ye-Me-Le". Some experts told me Karen is all over the "Fool" LP. But I wonder. I know she double tracked "For What It's Worth" on the "Stillness" album, and I would have thought she might be on the singles, "Dock of the Bay" and "Pretty World". But again I am not sure if it is the two of them or just Lani. I saw her and Lani in concert with Sergio back around 1969, probably just prior to Lani leaving. And I thought their unison was unbelievable in concert. She also moved beautifully on stage, with her sexy wide smile and flowing blonde hair, a hair style so typical of the era.

Any insights or info anyone has on Karen would be appreciated. I will always be baffled why Sergio had 2 singers, and only chose to use one, on those classic albums.

Yes, we all love her voice, but some of us remember her playing "Lt. Maggie Dish" in M*A*S*H in 1972, for a few episodes. She also graced the pages of Playboy magazine around the same time.

On the later albums (FOOL ON THE HILL and onward) it's sometimes more obvious when it's the two different voices. I do think Karen sang on the records much more than Janis Hansen did; I think on the first three albums, it's always Lani except on "The Look of Love." There might be a few exceptions here and there but I think Janis was mostly there for the live appearances.

Use the search function and key in "Karen Philipp", exact match, and thread titles only and you should get plenty of prior discussions on the matter.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom