Anyone read this?

I'll give them a little credit because Richard's name was actually in the write up but he definitely deserves his own recognition. There are a total of 31 banners and there are only two (Karen and Robert Moses) that are not currently displayed and efforts are underway to find suitable locations. Should I drive down to New Haven ( 4 hours) and remove Michael Bolton's and replace it with Karen's? :)

Last edited:
Nice interview with Herb here, where he talks about Carpenters, and in particular Karen’s talent.
Herb Alpert remembers the Carpenters quite often. I have seen him in concert twice, and he did talk fondly about them, mainly Karen. It was great to see him perform. And he included WOJB on his last release.

A couple of Nick Cave articles with Carpenters links.
First he picks his top ten love songs (try and guess the Carpenters one).
Here he remembers a drunken outing with David McComb the late singer of Aussie band The Triffids. This doesn't mention the Carpenters by name but is full of references.

Karen looking pretty at the Royal Festival Hall in London on Friday, February 22, 1974 (from the Evening Standard newspaper, dated Saturday, Feb. 23) :

img

Back
Top Bottom