• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Hookfoot COMMUNICATION (A&M SP 4380)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Hookfoot
COMMUNICATION

A&M SP-4380

sp4380.jpg

This is the 3rd of four A&M releases by this English band who toured with Elton John in the early '70s. The song lyrics are inside the gatefold cover.

SIDE ONE
Crazy Day Running Around* 5:31/ They'll Never Find Us Up There* 4:37/ To Stay Would Bring Me Down*** 3:37/ Forty Winks** 5:26/ Oh Joanna **2:27.

SIDE TWO
Here I Come* 4:47/ And Nothing Changes** 4:40/ Cruisin' ****5:31/ The Love That You Saved** 2:22/ Just a Little Communication** 5:35.

Produced by Caleb Quaye and Jeff Titmus
Engineered by Simon Hayworth and Jeff Titmus
Recorded at the Manor Studios, Oxford & DJM Studios, London
Coordinated by Steve Brown/ Sleeve design by Michael Ross

All Songs Published by Dick James Music, Inc. (BMI)
Writers: *Duck, **Quaye, *** Quaye & Duck **** Quaye, Duck, Pope & Gandy

Caleb Quaye: guitar, keyboards, tambourine, vocals
Ian Duck: guitar, vocals, harp, percussion
Roger Pope: percussion
Fred Gandy: bass, whirly

Vocals at the end (of "Just a Little Communication") consist of the Massed Manor Freaks, Charlie and the Kat, whom we would also like to thank (makes your eyes red just thinking about it) for a really nice stay.

JB

PS: I purchased my white label promo copy of SP 4380 on 6/12/74 for 75 cents; the receipt is still in the LP sleeve.

"Melodius" Elton John music--no doubt recorded at his former Music Publishing Company's (Dick James Music) studio...

Look for A&M to concentrate on more of its British acts in the up-coming Album's of the Week, such as more by Fairport Convention, The Strawbs, and Spooky Tooth, as well as the debut-albums of Joan Armatrading, Status Quo and Gallagher & Lyle... (who's "Breakaway" was more successful on the U.S. charts, in a version covered by Art Garfunkel...)

My discarded Hookfoot albums, I have finally donated to the Charity Drive... (as nobody seemed to take me up on my "free" offer; they were water-damaged, anyway, along with a Free FIRE AND WATER, I got [in the same condition] along with 'em...)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom