• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Ozark Mountain Daredevils (A&M SP 4411)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Ozark Mountain Daredevils
OZARK MOUNTAIN DAREDEVILS

A&M SP-4411

sp4411.jpg

SIDE ONE
Country Girl (R. Chowning) 3:14/ Spaceship Orion (L. Lee) 3:10/ If You Wanna Get to Heaven (S. Cash, J. Dillon) 3:04/ Chicken Train (S. Cash) 3:36/ Colorado Song (Cash, Dillon) 5:06.

SIDE TWO
Standing on the Rock (Dillon) 3:54/ Road to Glory (Chowning) 4:54/ Black Sky (Cash) 3:05/ Within Without (Lee) 4:25/ Beauty in the River (Dillon) 3:53.

All selections published by Lost Cabin Music/ Produced by David Anderle and Glyn Johns

Art Direction: Michael Dowd/ Design: Mike Dempsey/ Photography: Bill Higgins, Kansas Film Works/ Sleve Photography: Jeremy Parkin.

Reissued as SP/CD 3110

Entered Billboard Top 200 on 2-16-74, peaked at # 26 & charted 28 weeks according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums."

Official site:

www.ozarkdaredevils.com

JB

PS: SP 4408, 4409 & 4410 are among albums which were released in the 3600 series domestically and will be part of that AOTW series

Good album, topped some by THE CAR OVER THE LAKE ALBUM, but a lot of excellent tracks here. I really liked the hit single of course, but there was a lot more to this band and this LP really showed their depth.

Just ressurecting this thread to say what an enjoyable album this is! I just picked up a nice, clean vinyl copy and love the style. It reminds me of the Capricorn group Cowboy (Scott Boyer and friends) - well-played, good-humored country-rock (but with LOTS of harmonica, in the Ozark's case).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom