BACHARACH NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, he's not REALLY A Doctor!", once quoted my mom, when he was first on the "Rapping Scene"... Or was it some other Rapper, billing himself as a holder of a "PhD" or whatever "docterate" entitles them to be such...??

Anyway, I can't wait to HEAR it...or at least SEE it in stores...! One could wonder what the two will conjure up for us, or maybe whatever "new audience" Bacharach and Dre are now courting...!!

Dave

...who'd like to someday be "A Doctor That Doesn't Do Anybody Any Good", too...!! :laugh:

The Burt Bacharach Rap

Don’t go break’n my heart, or I’ll bust yo face
If you know the way to San Jose, ya better take it
Make it easy on yo-self, and Say a little prayer
these ain’t promises, promises, ‘cause baby it’s you
And a house is not a home with out a little crack

What the girl needs now is love sweet love
So you better be make’n that look of love now
‘n don’t be a think’n bout no walk on by
Or bullets start a fall’n like rain drops on yo head
So you better be wishn & hopin that this guy’s in luv with U

Did anyone else here ever get that disc that Ronald Isley cut with Burt? It's nice! It also has a couple of new tracks that were penned by Bacharach and rocker Tonio K. I'm still surprised that "Painted From Memory" came out as well as it did--Bacharach & Costello were a good match on that one IMHO.

Dave said:
"Oh, he's not REALLY A Doctor!"

To quote Norm McDonald at the AMAs a few years back, "I don't know if Dr. Dre is an actual doctor, but he DID prescribe me some stuff backstage." :laugh:

Now this is truly a collaboration from the Twilight Zone! :freak:
This is an even weirder clash of genres than Nelly teaming up with Tim McGraw on his new album.

I'm not the biggest of rap buffs [if only because it's a real turn-off to me that 99% of the rappers out there are completely incapable of putting out a clean rap album and those that do, like Will Smith, get hammered mercilessly by their peers], but I do like Dre a little bit ["The Chronic" IS one of the quintessential rap albums of the '90s] and my brother's a HUGE Dre buff (he wore the absolute living heck out of Dre's "2001" CD!), but Dre and Bacharach working together? I like Dre, and I'm a BIG Burt fan, but why am I already sensing I won't like this one?
I'm trying to imagine Burt actually saying, "You know who I'd really like to worth with? Dr. Dre." or "You know what's a really great record? 'Nuthin' But a G Thang.'" :tongue:

Jeff F.

I have the Bacharach/Isley disk. It took me a while to get into it because it is SO mellow, but now I like it fine. I like PAINTED FROM MEMORY better though, which surprises me because I wasn't a Costello fan before.

(BTW speaking of Bacharach, has anyone heard anything more about that Bacharach box set?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom