• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Baja Marimba Band : Best Of Baja

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a slightly different version of the NATURALLY album. (Different running order) Not one of their best efforts but if you're a completist, it's good to have.

It's also an MOD effort (manufactured on demand), meaning that it's a CD-R as opposed to a pressed CD.

As Mike said, if you don't have the NATURALLY album, and you're looking for more Baja material, this could be a way to go.

Harry

I see a couple misspellings..."The Elephant Rag" S/B "The Elegant Rag." When I saw this band live circa 1980, I thought for sure Julius introduced this tune originally as "The Old Rag, Rag." Maybe composer Jules Steinberg changed his mind on the title? Maybe I'm just old and senile.

You mean Jules Greenburg.

I'm a huge Baja fan. Between them and the TJB, they're my favorite group. But I don't want anything to do with this. I can make my own vinyl rip with a blurry image that looks like it was taken from a youtube video.

You can also download both this version and the NATURALLY version from iTunes.

Personally I wish a lot of people would do that, as it might spur the appearance of more Baja material.

CherryStreet said:
I didn't know that "Heads Up" was released as a 24K Gold Disc!

:cool: Drool.......

Any other BMB Albums released as 24K Gold Discs?????

It wasn't! I confirmed same with owner of the label. Someone apparently was playing in Photo Shop. :o

Steve Sidoruk said:
CherryStreet said:
I didn't know that "Heads Up" was released as a 24K Gold Disc!

:cool: Drool.......

Any other BMB Albums released as 24K Gold Discs?????

It wasn't! I confirmed same with owner of the label. Someone apparently was playing in Photo Shop. :o

Sorry guys....there was a thread over at the Steve Hoffman board where people were Photoshopping "dream" DCC releases...did not mean to decieve...lol

NJB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom