• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Baja Marimba Band in CDDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbsugar

Music is life
I was going through my Baja Marimba Band cds and just for kicks put in my needle-drop of "Watch Out!". Much to my surprise, the CDDB function on Windows Media Player popped up with a window listing the title to select: lo and behold, one of the choices was "Watch Out!" Now, I know that it was never released on cd, so I was wondering how it got there....unless someone went through the trouble to actually post all the info.

I know, this has probably happened to y'all before, but I for one was very pleasantly surprised to see this. :)

NJB

Same thing happened to me with my needle drop of Herb Alpert's WARM. It came up with all the titles, including the two "Bonus track" singles on the disk (mono versions of two of the vocal tracks). Harry N. had entered that info somewhere. Most of the major CD sellers and lots of other places operate out of the same database of information.

It was possibly me that entered the data for my needle drop. I have entered a few over the years, usually for my own reference. Being a Capricorn, I just hate seeing a playing title listed as "Track 1.cda". I didn't know that Windows Media Player picked up on that though. I usually use Winamp to play a CD on the computer, and actually rarely do that.

Harry
...who still doesn't quite get how CDDB can know the differences between albums, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom