• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Baja Marimba Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagrudt

For a long time now I have been trying to figure out what Baja Marimba Band track was used as Ben Hunter's Movie Matinee theme. Ben was on Noon to 2:30 M-F on KTTV Ch. 11 here in so Cal up until his death in 1980. Anyone from the LA area have any suggestions as to what tune it might have been? So far any BMB tunes that I have found online have not been the one. Thanks in advance for any clues.

David from Long Beach, Ca

If anyone knows it would probably be our Mr. Bill, since he grew up in the area.

dagrudt said:
For a long time now I have been trying to figure out what Baja Marimba Band track was used as Ben Hunter's Movie Matinee theme. Ben was on Noon to 2:30 M-F on KTTV Ch. 11 here in so Cal up until his death in 1980. Anyone from the LA area have any suggestions as to what tune it might have been? So far any BMB tunes that I have found online have not been the one. Thanks in advance for any clues.

David from Long Beach, Ca

The song was "Big Red" from the A&M album "Those Were The Days". One of their best, imo...

I remember that program growing up and remembered the theme was by the BMB. Not knowing (at that time) what the track they used was, I was greatly surprised to hear it on the BMB Foursider (which NEEDS to come out on cd-all the others did!).

Steve G is correct... It's "Big Red" (which I also used in one of my student films way back in 8th grade). Watching classic movies with my mom on Ben Hunter whenever I was home sick was aleways a treat.

--Mr Bill

Big Red was a composition of Frank DeVito, BMB's drummer. I think it was the only one that was recorded by the band.

FYI, I finally tracked down an MP3 version of 'Big Red.' Not the best - taken right from the album track and kinda scratchy. It works for me however. Thanks for the lead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom