• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Bass, drums & Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see Richard release a "stripped" version of some of their hits. I don't ever expect to see that because it was de-emphasize him. Still, it would be a fun idea. Of course, this sounds amazing.

Ed

Reactions: PJW
I like this, kinda suprised that Richard would have approved of this being released. Do you think this was the original vocals or is this a demo or alternate take? It's strange to only hear Richard on the last few parts and even his vocal sound somewhat different.

This is good enough to rip the audio and save....shhh!! :shh:

EDIT:
Oh...nevermind...I just realized this is from the SACD channel. I thought this was something new being released. :laugh:

Never realised that Karen sang such high notes on this song until I heard this stripped down version

Oddly enough, I always thought this was in too high a key for Karen. There's none of her lower register quality on the lead vocal that we'd hear so much of in later tracks.

After listening to this version of 0f 'Close To You', it really did make me understand better what an amazing talent Richard had as an arranger and orchestrator. Without Richard's arrangement this song would have remained in the vaults. So in a strange kind of way, I think Richard's gift is highlighted by listening to a stripped down version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom