• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Best Carpenters related California sites 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrpentersboy1

Hi all

I am going to be in LA for 3 days in June and wanted to know what the best Carpenters related sites there are to visit on a whistle stop visit that still exist?

The Newville Ave house is all but destroyed, A&M records has moved Karen's final resting place has been moved. What do you suggest I focus my time on?

Thanks in advance

PS: Directions would be helpful :)

The gravesite would be 1st on my list. Always emotional.

The A&M studios, now Henson, is still fun. You can't get in, but much of it still looks the way it did in the 70's.

Also, find out when the offer free tours to the Carpenters exhibit at the Carpenter center for the performing arts in Long Beach. Great collection of memoribillia.

BEST Carpenters-related site?

Go to Disneyland. Relive the excitement of the "Please Mr. Postman" video. Trust me, you'll have way more fun than if you go stand in front of the Newville Ave. house.

David

The Carpenter Exhibit can usually be opened for people during their regular business hours if you call ahead and make an appointment. They are always so accommodating!

Randy Schmidt

IF you happen upon the Downey Newville Road locale, please update us as to the condition... I saw the house one time in 1990 - actually got the nerve up to go ring the bell... and met Mrs. Carpenter. My experiance with her was quite pleasant. But stepping inside the house and seeing the staircase, living room, and entrance was a bittersweet experience that I will never forget. It breaks my hear to think the house may be destroyed...

That said, enjoy your tip to the west coast!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom