Box Sets We'd Like To See

I would like to see a similar Box Set featuring Tim Weisberg Featuring his first album. Along with Hurtwood edge. Dreamspeaker . Tim weisberg "4" and Listen to the City.

A Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 Box Set would be fantastic to have. All the albums would fit onto no more than 4 cd's. Live At Expo 70 could be included and it and Stillness could have a USA release. A 5th bonus cd could be Pais Tropical and Primal Roots.

I wonder how well the typical box set sells these days. I can’t really think of an any artist who I would love to have a box set of that I don’t already have. My main reason for buying them has always been the packaging, especially the big book that comes with them. But there is so much information available on the Internet these days that it almost becomes redundant.

Still waiting for a Bob Seger CD box set as well as his remaining albums BUT Seger or Punch Andrews don't have the dues yet!!

I think (and I have no idea about the commercial potential), a box set of Herb Alpert's singles (from the Dore Alpert days up through whatever the last physical 45 was---including the TJB), in their original mono mixes where applicable, would be interesting.

I think (and I have no idea about the commercial potential), a box set of Herb Alpert's singles (from the Dore Alpert days up through whatever the last physical 45 was---including the TJB), in their original mono mixes where applicable, would be interesting.
That would be a good set. I have "Singles" compilations for 5th Dimension and Melissa Manchester. I know Duran Duran has a singles set as well but I am not aware of other artists that have done this as I do not usually look for them. A Brasil'66 singles set would be nice as well.

That would be a good set. I have "Singles" compilations for 5th Dimension and Melissa Manchester. I know Duran Duran has a singles set as well but I am not aware of other artists that have done this as I do not usually look for them. A Brasil'66 singles set would be nice as well.

We could even take it a step further, as Motown did in the 90s, and release every A&M single in a boxed set.

Obvious problems: Herb's ownership of his own and Lani's masters, the Universal fire and the fact that, especially in singles, A&M's stiffs-to-hits ratio is far above Motown's, which would likely reduce demand.

We could even take it a step further, as Motown did in the 90s, and release every A&M single in a boxed set.

Obvious problems: Herb's ownership of his own and Lani's masters, the Universal fire and the fact that, especially in singles, A&M's stiffs-to-hits ratio is far above Motown's, which would likely reduce demand.
So True! With A&M being gone for so many years, their fan base has greatly decreased as well. It's tough to get a new fan base for a whole label.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom