Brasileiro

Status
Not open for further replies.

peep_funk

Hi All!

Probably should be posted elsewhere but this looks like a busy place so I'll try here.

I'm looking for a copy of Sergio Mendes' album Brasileiro on Vinyl... I know I can get the CD easily enough, but I'd really like to get my hands on a record... I need Magalenha!

Was a vinyl version released and does anyone know where I might source a copy of this fine album if so?

Thank you in advance!

I'm with Jeff. I don't think Brasileiro was released on vinyl, save for DJ versions of "Magalenha" and "Kalimba". I was of the belief that Brasileiro was Sergio's first direct-to-disc album.

Then again, I seem to recall seeing something on eBay a while back...a vinyl copy of Brasileiro itself. Don't they make them for various foreign markets? I thought they did, but am not 100% sure.

Either way, I'd recommend tracking down the CD and working from that.

Jon

Thanks!

The only reason I think that vinyl copies were pressed is that in the Discography on www.brasil66.com it has a catalogue number for the vinyl.. But I can't find any other info...

I would be happy with magalenha on 12", but I can't find that anywhere either, save for a dodgy 'house' remix of it...

Why realease a nasty remix of such a wicked tune?

I don't get record companies somethimes!

peep_funk said:
Thanks!

The only reason I think that vinyl copies were pressed is that in the Discography on www.brasil66.com it has a catalogue number for the vinyl.. But I can't find any other info...

Hi! I just went by a list that was given to me...if indeed the vinyl was never released, I'll modify the list.

If I had more hours in a day I'd finish updating that site. Gets a little embarassing at times... :oops: :)

Oh man.. don't do it!! Your list is the only thing that's given me hope of finding magalenha on vinyl!

I might have to save up the pennies and buy some CD decks if it really was never released!

Thanks guys!

You know, I still have a sneaking suspicion that Brasileiro was, indeed, released somewhere on vinyl. Where this may be, I do not know...Mexico perhaps? I've things on eBay that I never knew existed. One of them being, I believe, a Mexican pressing of Brasileiro. It wasn't too long ago, either. Maybe I'm thinking of the DJ mix? Don't know, but it's worth some research. Good luck peep_funk.

Jon

peep_funk said:
Oh man.. don't do it!! Your list is the only thing that's given me hope of finding magalenha on vinyl!

Hey, don't panic. :D I just want to make sure everything there is accurate and up to date! My main concern is leading anyone on a wild chase trying to find something that may or may not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom