Carpenters Associates

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
I came across this delightful link on YouTube of John Davidson today and, being outside of the US, never realised he’d had such an accomplished career. He talks about his recording career and very briefly references his involvement with the Carpenters around the 5m40s mark.

It got me thinking - has anyone else got any recent clips of their other associates that they performed with or starred with through the years? I’d love to see them.

I remember when this WCSH 6 Portland story came out and was pleased to hear the Carpenters mentioned. I have known Rob Caldwell for many years as he has become a Maine media legend and former anchor with his ability to connect with the masses with off beat news of interest. He is a huge fan of music (rock oriented) and we have had numerous conversations about his disdain for the Carpenters which is probably why he didn't ask John to give more detail on his Karen and Richard comment. I finally got him to admit that he does appreciate their contributions to pop music which was a major concession on his end and a minor victory on mine! :)

I have known Rob Caldwell for many years as he has become a Maine media legend and former anchor with his ability to connect with the masses with off beat news of interest. He is a huge fan of music (rock oriented) and we have had numerous conversations about his disdain for the Carpenters which is probably why he didn't ask John to give more detail on his Karen and Richard comment. I finally got him to admit that he does appreciate their contributions to pop music

Wow. I didn’t expect anyone to have a personal connection to the interviewer in this clip. Goes to show how small a world it is! Great story Jim!

When the song "You're Just In Love" was performed on one of the specials, it was John Davidson and Karen who sang it. When I got, As Time Goes By, the first time I listened, I was expecting to hear John's voice and not Richard, since that's how I originally heard it. I don't know if he removed John's voice or if they had made a separate recording.

When the song "You're Just In Love" was performed on one of the specials, it was John Davidson and Karen who sang it. When I got, As Time Goes By, the first time I listened, I was expecting to hear John's voice and not Richard, since that's how I originally heard it. I don't know if he removed John's voice or if they had made a separate recording.

They used the original backing tracks and Richard added his own vocals (at their own cost) in 1980.

Back
Top Bottom