• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

CarpenterS Close To Them '78

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

I've yakked along time about my meeting with Karen and Richard Feb 17, 1978. I stumbled across a few photos laying about that I thought I'd share with y'all. No pic w/duo at meeting however here is the marquee at Harrah's Tahoe. Imagine my orgasm at 15 y/o!

003.jpg

Bussing from Reno to Tahoe Grandma and I sat near a lady who owned a local motel footsteps from venue. When I told her my story about the birthday present from Mom sending me anywhere in the country for the next CarpenterS appearance she promptly said stay with me and I will secure the 'best seat in the house' for you guys.

002.jpg

As promised the lady along with David Alley K&R's manager sat us right here at the base of these three steps. I sat in the right hand chair which is now shown here for the 1st time in 3 decades. Miss Carpenter descended with her microphone in tow asking if I would like to SING? Off with the la la la la la's and music history was made. BTW, I had Prime Rib pre-concert. It was also from this table that I exited stage left to find the stairwell leading to Karen and Richard's dressing rooms.

test5.jpg

The day after performance found me home in Portland with CarpenterS Anthology music book autographed by each sibling. The second signing of my evenings extravaganza. So there ya have it my moment in time. Thought I'd share a bit whicha.

Happy Christmas folks,

Jeff

A great memory indeed--was nice of you to share that with us on Xmas...particularly appropriate given K&R's superb work with songs of the season. Thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom