• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters drum covers

Martin Medrano

I have been searching for a good drum cover on youtube but i cant any decent ones.of any of the carpenters songs. Does anyone know of any good ones.

I watched it and i enjoyed it. But i really want to see a cover on songs like a place to hideaway or reason to believe. But there are none.

@Matthew Smith i bet she would be impressed to know how many people she has inspired to start playing the drums. I happen to be one of those people. She is the reason i want to learn.
84-year-old Natick grandmother marches to the beat of her own drum
After months of practice, an 84-year-old grandmother says she is finally getting to live out a musical dream that was decades in the making. (...)
The friend decided not to stick with it. but Silver did –and she started channeling her favorite musicians.
“I have always loved The Carpenters. Karen Carpenter, growing up I was in awe of her and her music and her singing and her playing of the drums,” she said.

84-year-old Natick grandmother marches to the beat of her own drum
After months of practice, an 84-year-old grandmother says she is finally getting to live out a musical dream that was decades in the making. (...)
The friend decided not to stick with it. but Silver did –and she started channeling her favorite musicians.
“I have always loved The Carpenters. Karen Carpenter, growing up I was in awe of her and her music and her singing and her playing of the drums,” she said.

"Growing up...?!?!" She's more than 10 years older than Richard!

I haven't really looked for Carpenters drum covers on YouTube, but if I were looking I'd most like to see covers of Only Yesterday and Happy. Those two songs have my favorite drum tracks in the Carpenters catalog. Both were played by drummer extraordinaire, Jim Gordon.

I haven't really looked for Carpenters drum covers on YouTube, but if I were looking I'd most like to see covers of Only Yesterday and Happy. Those two songs have my favorite drum tracks in the Carpenters catalog. Both were played by drummer extraordinaire, Jim Gordon.

Karen played drums on ‘Happy’. Jim Gordon played on ‘Only Yesterday’. Richard confirmed this in one of the official fan club newsletters.

Back
Top Bottom