• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Carpenters For Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must Hear This Album

http://images.grooveshark.com/static/albums/200_4183704.jpg

A while back I stumbled upon a Carpenters cover album, of sorts, titled Babies Go Carpenters, the album cover is linked, above. Since I have a toddler at home, I thought I’d give it a listen, and it turned out to be a collection of mostly familiar (i.e., mostly hit singles), gently played songs from the duo’s catalogue. Pleasant enough, I guess, but non-essential. At any rate, I was telling a friend of mine about it, and she said, “Why would they need to redo the Carpenters’ songs for babies? They’re kid friendly, as-is!” I couldn’t disagree.

So I put together a “Carpenters For Kids” playlist for my iPod, and to make the task more interesting, I gave myself the parameter of making the playlist CD-length, specifically thinking about songs with kid-friendly tone, lyrics, and my toddler as primary audience. Here’s what I came up with (I’d be interested in others’ suggestions):

1. Get Together
2. Don’t Be Afraid
3. Love Is Surrender
4. Saturday
5. Sometimes
6. And When He Smiles
7. Top Of The World
8. Intermission
9. Bless The Beasts And The Children
10.Flat Baroque
11.Piano Picker
12.Crystal Lullaby
13.Sing
14.Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
15.Happy
16.Goofus
17.Can’t Smile Without You
18.Sweet, Sweet Smile
19.Those Good Old Dreams
20.The Rainbow Connection

We did a theoretical "Carpenters Children's Album" thread on here a few years back. Excellent track list. I don't remember the one I suggested on the old thread but believe it was quite similar.

With the amount of Carpenters compilations out there, I'm surprised Richard HASN'T done a children's album. Then again, he may be trying to avoid the "cutesy" image again. I still think it's a nice idea. (Start 'em young! :wink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom