Carpenters Grammy For Sale?

I wonder how it got out of the states? Also, does everyone who played on it get an award too? Like gold records that are given out? Writers, producer, engineers, band members, etc? That might explain how it fell into a collectors hands. Maybe from one of them that has died. If only K&R, then it’s suspicious I think. Good find Billy.

I wonder how it got out of the states? Also, does everyone who played on it get an award too? Like gold records that are given out? Writers, producer, engineers, band members, etc? That might explain how it fell into a collectors hands. Maybe from one of them that has died. If only K&R, then it’s suspicious I think. Good find Billy.
That’s what I’m wondering, because as far as I know Richard has never sold any of his awards, and he also owns all of Karen’s. So unless the awards are distributed to everyone who participated, it probably is fake.

Google says Grammys are given to artists and producers during Carpenters era of recordings. Album of the year expands to engineers as well. They are also given to writers for songs that win. Maybe it belonged to Jack Daughtery, Burt Bacharach-Hal David. A family member could have sold them after they died.

Unless given to me by someone who earned the award, one of those things I would feel awkward owning! The exception would be if it randomly fell into my hands.

Back
Top Bottom