• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters' Official Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Hi all

The official site has received further formatting updates to the Questions page on 3 September - I missed that one!!!

Thank God they have now started changing the header font used as well!

Stephen

Maybe someone's reading us here? :wink:

That's great they're updating the site. They have the start of something good going on.

Yeah, it's been changed, much much better. However is it me or does the webpages look too light? There is almost a white hue across the whole page, look at Richard & Karen pic at the top, it is bordered at the bottom right in black but it looks funny in color depth.

I like how the questions are outlined now, with quick key strokes. But why are some questions in bold while most of the other are just regular color.

..watching Francis, online....

Becky e-mailed me and told me that they would be adding new questions and answers within the next month (including my questions :) )

Becky also gave me a link to her other websites.

click here

Oh, I just LOVE the new sanserif font! And, Chris, I think you may be right about the page being lighter, at least in the "Fans Ask". It's so much easier for this old bird to read!!! Think I'll drop Becky a line!

Neil, I think someone DOES read our website here, either Becky or Richard. Maybe even his kids get involved! Of course, someone from the corner might have sent them a message, too, but it wasn't me!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Marilyn

thestitch said:
Oh, I just LOVE the new sanserif font! And, Chris, I think you may be right about the page being lighter, at least in the "Fans Ask". It's so much easier for this old bird to read!!! Think I'll drop Becky a line!

Neil, I think someone DOES read our website here, either Becky or Richard. Maybe even his kids get involved! Of course, someone from the corner might have sent them a message, too, but it wasn't me!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Marilyn
\

As I understand it, Becky reads them, then presents Richard with the questions that are asked most frequently.

IMO, the site is very unattractive. That drab green color is awful.

Whatever the cosmetics are, I'll take what I can get. Being an over- the-top enthusiast I'm hoping that the site provides accurate and up to the minute data. The wondering, gossip, rumors and general jibber jabber about CarpenterS material may finally be addressed by RC himself.

Jeff

I noticed the site is again changed, when you enter & exit it has a funny speckled dots that appear & exit also the script looks diff once again. Seems they can't figure what looks best yet. :o

...with shutters up & ready for Jeanne, online...

Ooh, the speckled dots thing is way bad. That looks like one of the effects on the old Wendell site. Someone is a gadget freak, I fear. Just put up the info, make it look attractive and leave the bells and whistles for the kids.

Glad they took our suggestion on the font. It looks much better.

The speckled dots are "different", but they are annoying. Oh well. I am happy with what we have. I wonder what will happen in the future.

...getting ready for possibly another day out of school because of Jeanne, online...

Are we getting nitpicky or am I misunderstanding what these "speckled dots" are. The only "dots I see are the ellipses, which, again to get nitpicky, are being misused????!!!! To get technical, ellipses are THREE dots used to represent an omission of text. Spaced before and after.

Marilyn,
who is in a snit because her new neighbors are riding an ATV through their backyard at dinner time. And on a Sunday night yet! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!! :twisted:

I don't know the correct term for this so maybe some of our technical web folks can help out. But no, it is the first few seconds when you first appear to the site and also when you switch pages within the site, all those speckled dots appears & then fade out.

Thanks for the explanation, Chris! I really don't see them on my computer. I'm still using Netscape 6.2. Maybe that's the difference????

How did you fare with the hurricane? I have a friend who just moved to Venice, Florida and has felt the effects of all of them so far. She said Frances was the worst. I still haven't heard from her about Jeanne. Maybe she's without power.

Thanks again.

Marilyn,
who has to upgrade to Netscape 7.2 one of these days!!

The "speckled dots" only appear if you're using Internet Explorer. One more reason to switch to Firefox... :wink:

Murray

Firefox really seems to be the way to go these days. I'm sold just on the tabbed browsing feature of it, and it has good built-in popup blocking. It is also a Mozilla creation (like the Netscape 7.x and Mozilla browsers are now), but it is a much smaller download, and it also does not include the e-mail or Usenet applications either (which some of us don't need...but they do offer these as separate downloads which IMHO is a good way to do it).

The only thing that bothers me are websites that refuse connections with non-IE browsers. I can "fake" some of them out with Proxomitron (it can rewrite the browser string on the way out), but others use more advanced methods to detect the browser. I think as more people move away from IE, these sites will have to accomodate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom