Carpenters Special Dance Club Remixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyAngel

Hey Folks:
Have you noticed that there are bunch of Carpenters' dance club remixes running 'round Internet?

Well, I found a version of "Top Of The World" with "Mambo # 5" remixed, also, I've found a Reggae version of "Rainy Days & Mondays" and an electronic (?) version of "Only Yesterday", all of them with the original vocals
There are some more, but I didn't dare to download them.
:confused:
Any comments?... :tongue:

... 'cause I'm still stunned

Regards

Jorge

I like the remixes. To me this is saying that people out there want to hear Carpenters songs, but in a new way.

I've only heard ONLY YESTERDAY but its a great remix.

As long as the originals are available for me to listen to, I'm OK with remixes like that. You never know--someone could hear the remix and seek out the original. :)

Bring the dance mixes on! If people want to hear KAREN and RICHARD in a different setting, that's great! We always have the originals! Getting Richard to approve someone elses mixes ... well, you never know.

I do too! I will be getting soon 2 remixes of CALLING OCCUPANTS OF INTERPLANETARY CRAFT. I am looking forward to them! I've always had a fetish for that song!

I got my DJ Remixes of Calling Occupants and Invocation and thought I would tell some information about them:

This is a disc of four unreleased DJ ONLY REMIXES! These were made by a professional club DJ for the personal enjoyment of collectors only and are not available to the general public. These remixes are FANTASTIC and a MUST HAVE for collectors!! Running time is 20 minutes and the audio quality is excellent. Here is a description of the tracks:

1. INVOCATION (DJ REMIX) 1:16
This remix contains an interesting stereo echo pattern during some of the vocals and reworks them in a way that adds 16 seconds to the song and brightens up the whole track.

2. CALLING OCCUPANTS (CLUB DJ REMIX) 6:18
This remix of Occupants begins like the single version without all the radio DJ stuff at the beginning. It incorporates a lot of additions, echoes and overlays and is very multi-dimensional in comparison to the original version.

3. CALLING OCCUPANTS (ALTERNATIVE EDIT CLUB DUB MIX) 4:08
This remix is like an alternative single version utilizing more Karen and less instrumental sections. The editing is way different from the released single edit. This mix has a similar style in some spots to the Club DJ Remix but the patterns are different here. This is the what the single version SHOULD have been!

4. CALLING OCCUPANTS (EXTENDED CLUB DJ "CONTACT" REMIX) 8:40
This mix is a full 1 1/2 minutes longer than the album version. The beginning starts by "tuning in" to the alien transmission through midnight AM radio static (it sounds like they're about to invade!). The song from there is the same as album version up until the end section which is extended a great deal and has a lot of fun things going on. It's almost kind of like a movie or musical finale, with a surprise ending!

How can I order these Remixes? Is there a website I can order from??? I would LOVE to hear them!!!!

I can make you a copy when I get mine, if you're interested. Or you could help me slpit the cost.

Alex,

Go ahead and PM me this holiday season.

Gotcher back buddy!

BTY this is COOL TOO!

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom