"Carpenters: The Musical Legacy" releases in Japan (translated)

So is this the cover for the book that’s being released in Japan or is this just a paper cover?
Great to see this getting to the Japan fans. Will this be the exact same version as the US or are there any additional photos or chapters added?

This is the Japanese cover. The book is already out, same book and photos (essentially).

Chris, I noticed (and the first time I’ve seen it) on worthpoint website a listing of all past eBay listings, several copies of your book a while ago. The 2 that I saw had a special insert at the front with a special page where It was signed by Richard, Mike and yourself.

As I remember these were sold on that live video broadcast promo and I don’t remember how many there were. I’m not sure how they ended up on eBay but I saw 2.

I’m curious, will you be doing another live video broadcast for Japan audience with signed copies of the book for the Japanese fans? Curious how the book being promoted over there?

Those were tip in sheets that the three of us were asked to sign before the book went to print so retailers (namely Barnes & Noble) could sell them as “signed” copies.

Of the 200 or so sheets, several were set aside. This is how the people at TalkShop were able to run the promotion.

Incidentally, I personally held on to several signed tip ins along with a few boxes of new books—themselves all signed by Richard, Mike and myself, which I keep in my archives.

Nothing specifically set for Japan, however, I did donate a signed tip in sheet which will accompany a new book which is being raffled off at the Carpenters 55th Anniversary Celebration in Downey next month.

Last edited:
Those were tip in sheets that the three of us were asked to sign before the book went to print so retailers (namely Barnes & Noble) could sell them as “signed” copies.

Of the 200 or so sheets, several were set aside. This is how the people at TalkShop were able to run the promotion.

Incidentally, I personally held on to several signed tip ins along with a few boxes of new books—themselves all signed by Richard, Mike and myself, which I keep in my archives.

Nothing specifically set for Japan, however, I did donate a signed tip in sheet which will accompany a new book which is being raffled off at the Carpenters 55th Anniversary Celebration in Downey next month.
And I ordered from Talk Shop Live and waited…..no such luck. 😕But it didn’t stop me from thoroughly enjoying the book!💯

And I ordered from Talk Shop Live and waited…..no such luck. 😕But it didn’t stop me from thoroughly enjoying the book!💯
I’m so sorry about that. I’m not exactly sure what happened there, truly. There were others that had some issues as well.

As I remember that whole show and the ordering process seemed so spontaneous and off the fly, it was all live right? I was hesitant to order thinking it wasn’t clear whether I would get a signed one or not.

As I remember that whole show and the ordering process seemed so spontaneous and off the fly, it was all live right? I was hesitant to order thinking it wasn’t clear whether I would get a signed one or not.
It was live, that’s correct.

It was live, that’s correct.
The show was great and exciting! And the book is awesome! I ordered as soon as ordering opened up during the show and thought I ordered early enough to get the signed copies, but it wasn’t to be. Still….the book is one of my most treasured volumes.

The show was great and exciting! And the book is awesome! I ordered as soon as ordering opened up during the show and thought I ordered early enough to get the signed copies, but it wasn’t to be. Still….the book is one of my most treasured volumes.
Thank you so much! So great to hear 🙏🏻

I agree!!
I had my book out last night to check the song discography section. I ended looking through it all over again. It’s a terrific book. Something I have been waiting for such a long time.

The photos are gorgeous. I especially like that the promo ads were included for the albums and singles released.

I only wish there were exact or close dates of when Karen and Richard recorded vocals to all the songs they recorded. The song discography in alpha order shows the instrumental recording dates but not when they actually laid down their vocals. Some songs also only have a year listed instead of exact dates.

I’d also hoped that there was a full chapter dedicated to Karen’s solo album including full page photos from her solo sessions (of which there have been so many released)

I’d also hoped for a chapter on Richard’s solo album. While neither can be included in Carpenters discography, they are both equally important to the duos career individually. Both albums will always be important to their legacy and should always be discussed and not hidden away.

Back
Top Bottom