• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email from Amazon this past Friday;

Carpenters "Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra"
Estimated arrival date: December 13, 2018 - December 14, 2018

Really looking forward to this!
I'm a Prime member and they told me that they would guarantee delivery on December 7 instead of shipping it on the 7th, which means they are getting their shipments early, at least some of them to fulfill pre-orders, and they are rewarding Prime members with delivery that will basically be 2 days early. I'm pretty freakin' psyched to get mine. And everyone who knows me will know when it does arrive, because they won't see me for the next couple days.

So glad some of you are getting this product on the day of release. Good for you! Kudos!! The first one on your block to have one, and all that...I am going to shy away from this thread for a while...Once the product comes out, the reviews will be flying in; good, bad, and indifferent. I want to enjoy my first listen unmolested, so to speak. Once all the hoopla is over, I will come back, to put in my two-cents-worth, and enjoy all the viewpoints of my beloved fellow Carpenters dwellers on this great forum! Peace and joy to you all in this holiday season.

Wow. That's just great. It's obviously been set up to support the new release, but seems to be a work in progress, so let's hope UMG continue to add updates and comments from RC. And let's hope the old site now disappears .
Why would you want the old site to disappear? It's got the great Q&A from Richard on it. I archived all that text to a Google Docs file in the event it does someday disappear.

The new website is definitely a record company sales site (it has a UMe tag at the bottom) and will probably only ever get updated if there is a future Carpenters release. This is pretty much the usual unfortunate story with record company artist sites. I did like the bio section though, it did a nice job of consolidating the duo's history. The photos and music sections were disappointing though...I was hoping for some trivia or info on the albums, maybe even track lists, but since the obvious plan is to sell the new album, the old ones don't get as much attention. I'm curious why most of the album covers appear two or more times.

So the supervisor showed me their own inventory listing for the CD and unfortunately it said “on the way” for the status so it’s not even there and says it could come in at any time.

The release date is a Friday so individual stores will probably receive their shipments on Thursday. When I was in "the biz," the release date was Tuesday, and we would always get our shipments on Monday.

The release date is a Friday so individual stores will probably receive their shipments on Thursday. When I was in "the biz," the release date was Tuesday, and we would always get our shipments on Monday.

Yep I remember this from Tower Records. They would receive the shipment a day or 2 before with instructions to not put it out until at least the release date. That way, when the doors opened first thing in the morning on that date, the album should be stocked and ready to purchase. It was one of the most exciting times of my life standing out there waiting for the doors to open first thing in the morning so I could grab the new album I had been waiting for.

Should we begin a new thread for collecting all of our personal takes or reviews of the whole RPO album when it comes out? There may be some on this forum who'd rather not hear anything more about any songs until they've heard the album for themselves.

Does anyone know if I buy the CD from target online and it ends up having the same bonus track at the Japan can I return the CD at a target store once I get it if i don’t open it?
The Target website says that the bonus track is a Target exclusive, so chances are it won't be on any other version of the album. That may or may not include Japan, however. Regardless, you can return anything that is unopened within 90 days of purchase for either a refund or an exchange.

I thought it would be interesting to mention that one of my YouTube videos is of the 2007 documentary The Carpenters Story: Only Yesterday. In the past month, the number of views has jumped by over 200k to 1.8m and the comments from viewers are through the roof on a daily basis. It would appear to me that people are finding their way to the duo on YouTube as a result of the news about the new album. Activity on this particular video on my channel has never been as frenetic as it is right now. I’m waiting to see what happens if/when TV advertising for the album begins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom