• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would be interesting to mention that one of my YouTube videos is of the 2007 documentary The Carpenters Story: Only Yesterday. In the past month, the number of views has jumped by over 200k to 1.8m and the comments from viewers are through the roof on a daily basis. It would appear to me that people are finding their way to the duo on YouTube as a result of the news about the new album. Activity on this particular video on my channel has never been as frenetic as it is right now. I’m waiting to see what happens if/when TV advertising for the album begins.

What's your channel called? :)

I thought it would be interesting to mention that one of my YouTube videos is of the 2007 documentary The Carpenters Story: Only Yesterday. In the past month, the number of views has jumped by over 200k to 1.8m and the comments from viewers are through the roof on a daily basis. It would appear to me that people are finding their way to the duo on YouTube as a result of the news about the new album. Activity on this particular video on my channel has never been as frenetic as it is right now. I’m waiting to see what happens if/when TV advertising for the album begins.
Well, we got a new website out of it and it’s yet to be advertised yet people are buying and exposure is leading the path to more interest. It seems that people are hungry for good music!

Too funny newville, I watched it again yesterday during an afternoon of miserable weather. Richard was at his best with his insight especially when he shared the story when Karen parked her Jag beside his Jag at the shopping plaza. Was nice to see how much Linda Perry truly appreciates the Carpenters and her high praise for Karen's vocal interpretations. Also enjoyed watching John Bettis tell how the Carpenters borrowed The Mamas and The Papas equipment (with Joe Osborn's blessing) and got busted by Mama Cass!

Try to have a little respect for the man.

I don't think he was being disrespectful. I think he was lamenting how he looks. Richard is 72 and he looks every bit of it, IMHO. I think we want the people we're fans of to be young forever and it's hard to see them age like we do. They aren't frozen in time - even though the album jackets freeze them to some degree.

Unlike Karen, we still have him though and he's still creatively vibrant. Let's enjoy that. :)

Ed

I don't think he was being disrespectful. I think he was lamenting how he looks. Richard is 72 and he looks every bit of it, IMHO. I think we want the people we're fans of to be young forever and it's hard to see them age like we do. They aren't frozen in time - even though the album jackets freeze them to some degree.

Unlike Karen, we still have him though and he's still creatively vibrant. Let's enjoy that. :)

Ed
My sentiment exactly. Thank you.

Its nice to see some of the negativity has dissipated from earlier posts. Rpo is going to be released on December 7, Pearl Harbor day. Its like some believed Richard was going to drop a bomb on the fans.

As for me, I'd happily buy the CD even if was just Richard yelling at his dog for 30 minutes. Why? It will be my first Carpenters drop since I became a fan. Never thought it would happen. Really Excited!

Thanks everyone. Keep up the good work.

Ed
Whether he looks old or not, he still moves like someone much younger. He goes up and down stairs with ease. I’ve never asked him if works out, but there’s nothing slow about him.

Regarding not being frozen in time, that’s why Andy Gibb still has such a large fan base. They still remember him as the 30-year-old he was when he died. He would be 60 now and no one pictures him like that. Imagine what Karen might look liked today.

I agree Mark.
I hope John can chime in again after we all get the CD in our hands (it won't be long) and provide any other tidbits of details about the recording process and any other details about those London recordings with the RPO. We crave those things around here. :laugh:

Its nice to see some of the negativity has dissipated from earlier posts. Rpo is going to be released on December 7, Pearl Harbor day. Its like some believed Richard was going to drop a bomb on the fans.

As for me, I'd happily buy the CD even if was just Richard yelling at his dog for 30 minutes. Why? It will be my first Carpenters drop since I became a fan. Never thought it would happen. Really Excited!

Thanks everyone. Keep up the good work.
You are in for an epic musical adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom