• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Christmas Album cover art

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD Universe has a sampling of all 10 songs. I don't know if they're from the remastered disc, but they sound clean.

This is, at least until WARM, the reissue that I'm most excited over. Nothing gets to me the way Christmas music does. This has been a holiday staple with me for 25 years. Having the original cover does mean a lot to me! And to finally have the music remastered the way it should be is going to make this Christmas seem like a dream. Every year I play my TJB Christmas CD and marvel at how lousy it sounds! It seems like the background hiss is louder than the music at times! I'm going to play this constantly for 3 months and play it loud.
If I could make the reissue exactly how I want it, I'd place the choral intros that precede some of the songs as seperate tracks so that the songs could be played with or without them. Sometimes when I make a compilation of various artists' Christmas music, I'd like to include songs from the TJB album but wish I could exclude the choral intros. I love them when I listen to the album all the way through (which is most of the time) but still would like to be able to have it both ways. This will probably seem ludicrous to some of you.

Not really. I made myself a TJB hits compilation once, and left the choral intro off of "My Favorite Things."

I also made a various-artist Christmas comp and put in all the TJB songs but without the intros. It sounded fine.

Blue cover background?
I must be color blind. To me it looks purple.
Guess it's time for an eye exam.
JB

Well it certainly isn't GOING PLACES blue, but it isn't really purple either, to me at least.

Maybe it's bluish purple -- or purplish blue. :D

I was looking at my old CD featuring the "newer" cover -- turns out the photo isn't really cropped, as I said above -- just reduced.

I'd call it a midnight blue - and it's one of those colors that changes depending on whether you're looking at it in flourescent or incandescent lighting.

And the photo is both reduced and cropped on the tear-away version. There's a bit more of Herb's fingers and some of gis trumpet showing on my original SP 4166.

Harry

In my "mental version" of the artwork, I had thought they cropped out pretty much everything but his face -- as if you were looking at the picture through a hole in cardboard. But that isn't really the case, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom