Corrs news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Corrs Club . . .
Andrea sang at her brother-in-law Ross Desmond's wedding last weekend - video
Andrea performed Christina Perri's A Thousand Years at the wedding, and Cristina (@thecorrsdaily on Instagram) has reposted a short video of her performing: https://instagram.com/p/2Q9wa4k_I6/

This is fantastic news (if it's true) are they really back in the recording studio? This is so exciting. I agree with this writer Eileen Murphy when she says the music industry has changed so it will be interesting if they are making all new material or giving their old songs new life again with a few new tracks. I can't wait to hear more news on this, more importantly a statement from The Corrs. I wonder if we could have a new album by year end? Physical CD or Digital Downloads? Questions, Questions....

We better hope for CDs if it comes to that. You know how downloads-only go - only in certain licensed countries, etc. Unless it's truly an international effort, we in the US could conceivably be on the short end.

Just throwing that out there. The US has STILL never officially gotten a release of UNPLUGGED, either CD or DVD. We all had to import ours from Canada (DVD) or elsewhere (CD).

Harry

I totally missed them during their career as the Corrs, so I'm hoping for an eventual tour. I can't get to London, so you U.K. Corrs fans will have to fill us in!

Great News!!!

So will we be able to see this online? or wait for the DVD to appear? I'm confused since I don't use Radio2. I'm also assuming they will be singing some new songs, new album plug?

Great News!!!

So will we be able to see this online? or wait for the DVD to appear? I'm confused since I don't use Radio2. I'm also assuming they will be singing some new songs, new album plug?
Those are all good questions Chris. Guess we will find out. Will you be able to attend? If so, better get tickets pronto.

I don't think I'll be making the trip to London. Having already "chased" The Corrs in Australia back in 2001, I think those days are over. The following pictures are not the greatest - in fact, they're barely "good" - but they're the only pictures I was able to get on that tour. It was October of 2001, just after the 9/11 attacks and not too many people were flying around the world. But we did, timing our visits to Sydney and Melbourne with the dates that The Corrs would be performing.

These pictures were from the Sydney gig. Unsure of what the rules were, I took my 35mm camera in with a 200mm lens which I supposed looked imposing to the security guys. After just a few snapshots, I was told to put the camera away, but managed to get at least a couple of shots.

scan0004.jpg
This one's rather blurry as it was hard to hold the camera steady. We were seated about midway back on the floor section of the arena. I grabbed this shot as Andrea was playing her tin whistle. You can see the large individual screens in the back that focused on each of The Corrs - until -

scan0002.jpg
- one stopped working. It seemed to be the Andrea-cam that went out soon after the concert got going. It was a difficult choice for me with my camera to try to zoom in so you could discern faces. Once you did that, someone on the wide stage was cut off. Here, all we can see of Sharon is a piece of her enlarged screen above and off to the left. The missing camera wasn't the only technical error that night, either. In the middle of one of the songs, the whole arena sound system shut down. Professional troupers that they were, The Corrs continued the song without a hitch, doing their best to project their sound into the large arena. By the next song, though, the sound was fixed.

scan0001.jpg
They then began a rotating scenario on the four big screens. Here you can see Andrea on Sharon's screen. Much of the time however, poor Jim got preempted.

I know that there are far better pictures of The Corrs on the web, but I can guarantee that until now, no-one has seen these, as I just scanned them in this morning!

Harry

Much excitement and speculation over at the Corrs Club site! You should link your photos there Harry!

Jim Corr has been tweeting out pics from the studio of them recording. @Jimcorrsays on Twitter. All 4 have Twitter accounts but only Jim and Sharon really use them.

Jim Corr has been tweeting out pics from the studio of them recording. @Jimcorrsays on Twitter. All 4 have Twitter accounts but only Jim and Sharon really use them.

I can't find the pics you mentioned above, can you link them?

So excited about this news. I wonder if they will still perform the same Andrea as lead front or will Sharon take lead since both are solo artists. How will it play out?

We'll just have to wait and be surprised.

I don't know if there's a way to link the picture and video from Twitter. I think you have to go to @Jimcorrsays on Twitter and choose the tweets tab. They are right there. :)

We'll just have to wait and be surprised.

I don't know if there's a way to link the picture and video from Twitter. I think you have to go to @Jimcorrsays on Twitter and choose the tweets tab. They are right there. :)

Thanks I found it. Wow those videos are short :laugh: the photo of all of them across from each other is interesting, it's hard to see Andrea but she looks different? thin? could just be the pic.

song4u has asked me to post these two photos from Twitter:

Andrea2015.jpg

Corrs2015.jpg

Harry

Last edited:
Thank you Harry. Nice to see all 4 of them together. Be nicer to hear all 4 of them blending their talents again.

The last photo is sorta strange, look at all their eyes, specifically their right eye, which will be the left if your looking at the picture but all their eyes are turned to the side and the other eye is straight. Do you see it?

Jim is tweeting more photos, and has confirmed Caro will be the drummer! And Andrea does play the ukulele.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom