Could anyone give me more information about this photo?

Hey guys! I found this photo last year, but I don't know anything about it. Could anyone give me more information about it, such as when it was taken, where it was published, etc.?

thumbnail_IMG_0987.jpg

Yep looks like the Newville garden to me (the mini pagoda is the giveaway) and judging by Karen’s hair and blue eye make up, I’d say late 1973 or early 1974.

8E607704-78A8-4EA7-9F44-9E9443870A41.jpeg

Last edited:
Karen's eyebrows don't look like they were tweezed within an inch of her life, so I'm guessing that 1974 is the correct year. I love this photo! She looks good and seems to be having fun playing her drums.

Karen's eyebrows don't look like they were tweezed within an inch of her life, so I'm guessing that 1974 is the correct year. I love this photo! She looks good and seems to be having fun playing her drums.
In my humble opinion, Karen made a huge mistake with her eyebrows in 1974... It really is a great photo. Too bad I never managed to find it in a higher resolution...

In my humble opinion, Karen made a huge mistake with her eyebrows in 1974... It really is a great photo. Too bad I never managed to find it in a higher resolution...
I agree. It may have been Maria Galeazzi's influence, since she was Karen's hairdresser. In Karen's defense, at that time women who were trying to keep up with the current fashion tweezed their eyebrows that way ... including moi. Which I now regret because the thing they don't tell you is that sometimes they don't grow back. So now I have hardly any eyebrows left. Wish I'd left them alone, but hindsight is 20/20.

I agree. It may have been Maria Galeazzi's influence, since she was Karen's hairdresser. In Karen's defense, at that time women who were trying to keep up with the current fashion tweezed their eyebrows that way ... including moi. Which I now regret because the thing they don't tell you is that sometimes they don't grow back. So now I have hardly any eyebrows left. Wish I'd left them alone, but hindsight is 20/20.
Really. In the 70s, actresses in Brazil also did their eyebrows this way. The only problem is that it looks like Karen's eyebrows are not even. It looks like it was a little crooked. Anyway... I'm sorry about your eyebrows... 🥹🥹

Hey guys! I found this photo last year, but I don't know anything about it. Could anyone give me more information about it, such as when it was taken, where it was published, etc.?

thumbnail_IMG_0987.jpg
This photo was lifted from a video I posted some time back. It is from a sequence of photos shot in ‘73 at Newville as part of a promotional bit for Ludwig drums.

This photo was lifted from a video I posted some time back. It is from a sequence of photos shot in ‘73 at Newville as part of a promotional bit for Ludwig drums.

I seem to remember seeing this photo in a drummer magazine and it was related to Ludwig. I thought it was a promo photo as you’ve confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom