Danny Woodhams or Gary Sims?

AlexAfonso

Hi friends. Thank you for your patience with me.
Now my latest question (rss).
At 1:15 in the video below the back vocal is
Danny Woodhams or Gary Sims?

What’s the obsession about who is who?
Well, there's a respectful and helpful response - answering a civil question with a smart-ass question. Nice.

Or put another way: what's the obsession about not answering the question?

I am a new fan of The Carpenters and I really need help to know who were the musicians (great musicians) that made this excellent group.
You mean to say that the group photos with nobody identified didn't help?

Nothing smart ass about it. Curious that's all.
Well, so is he - why not answer the question and then ask him why he wants to know? (Although that should be obvious to even the most casual of observers, i.e., why do any of us want to know anything about the Carpenters?).

What’s the obsession about who is who?

Some people really want to know who is playing on a record, to see if they recognize that person's style or sound. Simple as that. I'm one of those people -- that's one of the things I dislike about streaming music, it's much harder to read the credits.

That’s Danny. Sorry, not sure how this thread ended up going so sideways. 😏
Finally, an answer...wasn't sure myself who was who - just knew it wasn't the person holding the roses in the 1st photo above, nor the person on the far front right in the 2nd photo, although that person seems to be standing in a hole... :)

What's up with Bob and Danny's matching butterfly shirts? 🙂 Also didn't realize how tall Jim Anthony was.
I actually really like those butterfly shirts, would love to have one exactly like those and wear it under a blazer maybe 😎

I know there's a clear (color) photo of Richard wearing a butterfly shirt as well, haven't been able to find it though...
I think he wore it while rehearsing for the Dutch TV show in October 1971...

He also wore it while rehearsing at the Royal Albert Hall in London, during the same European tour.

Greg

That photo looks like it might have been taken around a softball game. ??
Yes, one would almost think so :)

They were walking around Paris apparently, during their European tour in '71.

Looks like their appearance on Gilbert Bécaud's 1971 TV special was shown again 4 years ago.

1650082.jpg

3437647851_024f663a9b_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom