Download of the week

Song4uman

I am a high school choral director and am in my 30th year of teaching.

I like to share different vocalists, groups and choirs. Each week I share a different video on Monday. We watch everything from opera to Janis Joplin... I try to show things that kids may not have heard of before.

My first download every year is of course Carpenters. This year out of about 45 freshman girls, only about 6 had ever heard of Karen Carpenter. . Glad I could enlighten them. This past week was Ella Fitzgerald. Not many had heard of her either.

Jonathan

I like to share different vocalists, groups and choirs. Each week I share a different video on Monday. We watch everything from opera to Janis Joplin... I try to show things that kids may not have heard of before.

My first download every year is of course Carpenters. This year out of about 45 freshman girls, only about 6 had ever heard of Karen Carpenter. . Glad I could enlighten them. This past week was Ella Fitzgerald. Not many had heard of her either.

Jonathan
Congratulations and Happy anniversary of your career I can tell that you are a true Educator when I was in school I was in band class and I had a teacher who told me about jazz artists which I didn't know about previously thanks to him I learned about Maynard Ferguson Weather Report and others and this was the late 70s.

Jonathan
Way to P.R. Jonathan! I'm aglow as I run off at the mouth championing. This release makes me smile.

Its such a lovely job being a teacher, I'm retired now and really miss it! I have made sure my daughter knows all about the Carpenters, although at 29yrs she still thinks it's not her kind of Music. I'm working on my 15 month Grandson now who listens to the Carpenters whenever I pick him up from nursery!

Back
Top Bottom