• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

DVD-Carpenters-A Video Biography Music Video Karaoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I re-watched this tonight, had not viewed it for awhile.

Some hightlights:

Did anyone notice that on the song "I Won't Last a Day Without You" that when Richard is in the garage with his cars that there is a HUGE poster of the Singles 69-73 brown LP Cover on the wall. I mean that thing is huge :shock:

I think it's worth the price of the DVD just to get the "live" version of "I Need to Be In Love" from this live concert. You can immediatly tell it's live when the video starts. Still can't figure out why this is the only video that is live. Still it sure is a great piece, especially for fans (like me) that never got to see Karen & Richard perform live with a band & orchestra.

I wonder if Richard hates to see the video on here of "Please Mr Postman"?? It's the only time I've ever seen Karen performing & another man playing Richard's piano and no Richard :shock:

Question #1 When Karen comes out on stage wearing the LEAD SISTER Shirt on the song, "Sweet Sweet Smile" What is the song that Karen is singing/playing drums? Would that be a drum piece only? It definately is not the video song Sweet Sweet Smile, and I have always wonder what she is playing or singing in this shirt.

Question #2 On this video of "They Long to Be Close to You" Do you think this was there "first" attempt at a music video for this song? Cause this one is definately different that the official video release, this one is almost garage looking feel.

I know we have touched on this before but this whole video has a strange extra instrumental track playing along with the original music. Kinda Strange.

...whose glad to have this DVD in his collection, online...

Hey Chris, I too own a copy of this and can definitely say that it is a bootleg. The "instrumental" track on the one channel is a crappy (pardon the expression) attempt at creating a "karaoke" option if panned. I am keeping my copy, only due to the fact that it has some pretty rare footage. If it wasn't for that, I would say it was a total waste of money. :confused: -Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom