• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Essential Collection or Anthology

Which do you prefer?

• Anthology

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Essential Collection

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • other compilation

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are different, and my preference would depend on my mood. Anthology is a more programmed set with songs of various eras and styles intermixing with each other, and it has that rarer live Bacharach medley. Essential Collection is arranged chronologically so if I'm in an early Carpenters mood, Disc One of that set will do fine.

Harry
NP: A Song For You - Carpenters, 1986 CD

Even though ESSENTIAL COLLECTION includes more hits, I vote for FROM THE TOP, because of the remixes, which I prefer.

Bruno

I voted for other...I like "From The Top" Box Set. There was really no reason for me to spend the extra money for these others when From the Top has most all of the same tracks and I already have that live Bacharach medley on the Readers Digest CD's.

From the Top also holds special memories for me, I remember playing disc 1 & transporting myself back to the "garage days" and with headphones on it was a special time hearing these for the first time, also hearing the MMM Medley was another great highlight I will never forget, one of Karen's finest performances I believe ever, especially "someday" wow!!!

What a nice pool we've got here! I think that the fight would be about the Bacharach / David Medley Live X Trying To Get The Feeling Again and the Chocolate Comercial.

The winner? Whoever that gets any of those amazing collections!!! :D

By the way, could anyone please send me the Bacharach / David Medley Live to me. Could be by e-mail or letter. I might have some other nice things to offer in exchange for....

I'm trying to make a really best of Karen's perfoncance cd, and I cannot do it without it. She's amazing especially in Baby It's You and Make Easy On Yourself. I know they recorded it in '74 at Las Vegas. What sound, what sound!!!! Fantastic!!!! And Any Day Now it's very cool too!!!

My email is [email protected]

Thanks guys!!!

I also voted for "other". I really like "From the Top", and along with all the other compilations I already own (such as the Reader's Digest and "Treasures" sets), it's all I really need.

Murray

I just wanted to post again to this thread to say that I am suprised at the vote turn out thus far. I never thought that Other would have the most votes. Do u think it's because From the Top has been out so long than the others?

Since everybody else prefers From the Top it must be great. Should I get it if I already own Anthology and The Essential Collection

I think a lot of people who've responded like From The Top but really, they haven't compared it to Essential. I think it's a case of having an original box set and not wanting to spend the money on a very similar set.

When it first came out. I wasn't all that thrilled with the idea of Essential, but really, it IS better than From The Top. It's more inclusive. It's biggest fault is the elimination of the CSULB rendition of "Goodnight." If it had that - I'd be tempted to dump From The Top.

Harry
...saying "Goodnight", online...

Don't forget that From the Top was package visually better, I got the original box when it was released, 12x12 size, it has a really cool booklet inside with large pics, I remember thuming through it while listening for the first time...aahh what memories what memories.

But your right, it is more about spending money for the others if you already have FTT.

...whose thinking very seriously about getting Treasures, online...

Its a toss up for me!
"Essential Collection" would be my "Desert Island Disc" of sorts, for the most complete collection- plus the Ella Medley, but I really like the solo album remixes on "From the Top".

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom