• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Eurovison Song Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno

In May 2004, Istanbul will be the host for this year's Eurovison Song Contest. Perhaps you remember: This is the show, where the carreer of ABBA started in 1974 with their winning song WATERLOO.

Germany is sending a totally new singer to this contest. His name is Max, he is 22 years young. He is a very normal looking guy, neither macho nor softie. His voice is just great: His song CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TONIGHT went to the No.1 spot in the German charts. You could say, that he has a "black" voice. The song has a jazzy feeling about it, like THIS MASQUERADE or A SONG FOR YOU.

I'm glad, that he was choosen to represent Germany in the song contest, and not one of those techno groups.

You can watch the video to the song:

http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/show/specials/ssdsgps/index.html

Just click on the picture of Max, where there is written: Unser Lied für Istanbul

Bruno

WOW, that guy Max has a great voice! Thanks Bruno. There are so many talented singers that we in North America never get to experience. Hopefully if Max wins the Eurovision contest, his CD will get released here...

Murray
...who will probably be hearing "Can't Wait Until Tonight" in his head for the next week... :D

I'm glad, you like the song, Murray.

I just did some research and found out, that Celine Dion was the winner of the Eurovison Song Contest in 1988! She sang "Ne partez pas sans moi". With this song she represented Switzerland. You may know, that the people in Switzerland speak four languages: German, French, Italian, and Rätoromanisch, which is an aborigin dialect.

Bruno
discovering interesting facts

Next Saturday, the Eurovision Song Contest finally will take place.

I'm curious about the other European contestants. We have here in this forum several members from Europe. I invite you guys to introduce the men and women, who will be representing your countries! :)

Bruno

2004 Eurovision will be intertesting as UK failed to gain any points with awful girl -boy duo last year :oops:

This year UK singer is male singer -a rarity for us !

James Fox ....

Look forward to the results and a few performances ..... :o

Peter

And the winner is:

UKRAINE!

The female singer Ruslana performed her song WILD DANCES with a group of men and women, all half naked. The song itself was very uninteresting, in my opinion.

Max from Germany reached a good position: Number 8. France reached 15, Great Britain 16. Not bad, Max, not bad.

Well, this contest shows again: Quality doesn't sell anymore - what shame.

Bruno :sad:

Did not see Max perform !

UK entry was only 16th -improvement on 2003 :oops:

Urkaine -the eventual Winner -was awful ....all image and loud beats ...wearing leather obviously gets those votes in .....

There is a row brewing in UK over vote rigging ....after years of Cyprus and Greece giving each other maximum points ..... :tongue: Balkan states are accused are sharing max points totals only between themselves ....nothing changes much ...... :laugh:

Peter

I'm afraid you're right, Peter. If the East European states are only supporting each other, the countries of the OLD EUROPE will probably never win again. And most of those new European countries have only small populations! So, this is not quite fair.....

Bruno

It is getting worse ....some commentators arte suggesting that instead of voting for the best song / favourite friendly state .....we should all vote for our neighbours :rolleyes:

Perhaps UK needs to regroup as separate entries :

England / N.Ireland / Scotland / Wales :wink:

Would this ensure maximum 12 points for each other .....possibly :shock:

Peter :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom