Evelyn Wallace RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, have some letters from (signed) Ev , which are safely tucked away.
That last Newsletter#90 was like being "hit by a ton of bricks" when I first opened ,and read it, back in the day.
Perhaps I am a bit too sentimental(?)

I just came across this photo I had never seen before....it's Olivia with Evelyn Wallace, I'm unsure of the date.
I am sure Olivia met Evelyn many times when Olivia was friends with Karen.

Credit for photo here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Argentina-Fans-Club/295559553821682

536980_612430462134588_1644596071_n.jpg

I have that special on DVD (and remember watching it on HBO when it originally aired.) I just watched it a few months ago and while it is possible that she could have been in attendance, Karen does not appear in any actual footage from the special. The concert was filmed in Ogden, Utah so there may have been some Osmonds there, too. :)

One of these ol days for sh*ts-n-giggles I'm gonna post my frequent correspondences here with a link or sumpin sumpin. There are many and a true testament to Ev's and Rosina's patience with a fan-addict. Paraphrasing one: Dear CarpenterS Fan Club, ( on my Official F/C stationary no less mmhmm and no more) How much do K&R make or how rich is em?....Answer: JEFF, I'm surprised at you for asking something so personal, You should know better! Ouch said I while staring in disbelief at my spankin' all the way from Cali. Needless to say that question went unanswered. All the other notes are cordial, kind and gracious. Much later at report of Karen's estate I heard it valued...dare I say...$5 mil. Please be kind my butt still stings from my wallup ala '70s.

Jeff

Much later at report of Karen's estate I heard it valued...dare I say...$5 mil.

From what I understand, that's an accurate figure. Shocking to think that's all that was left when you consider her potential financial worth after 14 years as a superstar. I think her ex-husband had a lot to do with depleting her true worth down to that figure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom