• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Fake Alpert Listing on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Bacardi said:
Captain Bacardi said:
I just e-mailed Randy Badazz about this crap and suggested he let Herb know about it. I sure he has a lawyer or two who can do something about it. :wink:

And I just got word from Randy that he will forward this news to Herb's manager Kip, and he'll let me know what happens.

Capt. Bacardi

SUE THE B******S!!!!! :mad:

Dan

Well, something must've happened. Yesterday this guy had another round of the first set he was selling, and now it's gone from the auction. I wonder if someone from Herb's crew got a hold of eBay or that person. Either way, it looks like there won't be any more fraudulent items for bid - for now. :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

I also e-mailed the RIAA with the auction numbers of these items...could be that they got in touch with him also. Much as I hate the RIAA and their guerilla style "sue the minors" attitude, at least we can put them to work. A minor loophole to use if a record company isn't listed in eBay's VeRO program.

Captain Bacardi said:
Well, something must've happened. Yesterday this guy had another round of the first set he was selling, and now it's gone from the auction. I wonder if someone from Herb's crew got a hold of eBay or that person. Either way, it looks like there won't be any more fraudulent items for bid---For Now... :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

If Herb or some member of his cabinet DO take some type of action (legal?), I'd sure like to know of the outcome. Too bad I can't be around to see it. :bigevil:

Maybe Herb will start the "legitmate" production of his stuff and his label's stuff. He should take the old revolving 'A&M Records' sign out of the mothballs and put it on the roof of his house. :winkgrin: Could He? :)

Dave :wink:

Mike Blakesley said:
The guy probably downloaded the songs in the first place!

That reminds me - I was watching South Park last night and three of the boys were trying to put a band together, but wanted to hear other artists so they could get an idea as to what sound they wanted. They couldn't afford to buy a bunch of CDs so they decided to download some songs instead. After downloading three songs the FBI came crashing through their windows and arrested the boys. The interogator showed the boys what happens to artists because of the downloading of songs. They were showing how people like Britney Spears had to "suffer" because she had to get rid of her deluxe jet for a model that was slightly below. Then they showed Lars of Metallica at his pool being depressed because now he couldn't afford some other luxury item. They were taking pot shots at both artists and the recording industry. It was hilarious. :laugh:

Capt. Bacardi

:?: :o I thought it was against eBay policy to sell CD-Rs of copyrighted material in auctions. I assumed that he got away with some of his auctions before, because no one knew for sure that they were CD-Rs. But he says in his description that it's a CD-R. How is he able to do this?

Well, at least he's being honest, except, I'll bet, for the whole Sri Lanka bit. :confused: I find it interesting that this fellow's home-brew compilations are all subtitled "1980-2000," although this particular CD-R covers tracks from 1979 to 1997. "Please email with any questions:" Should we?

I'll drop another note to the RIAA, and complaint to eBay about it being a CD-R. The Sri Lanka thing is a load of crap. Just a loser covering his ass. I don't care...if he's selling from the U.S., he's in violation...period.

Complaint filed. :) Since CD-R was mentioned in the listing, I also reported it to eBay. Regardless of whether this came from his bedroom CD-R recorder, Sri Lanka, or the bottom of a septic tank, eBay clearly states NO CD-R can be sold on eBay unless it is blank. This person, by now listing it's a CD-R, has doubled his trouble. Gotta love the eBay mentality sometimes. :laugh:

For future reference, here's a link to various copyright owners that are listed on eBay. Keep in mind that these all have VeRO (Verified Rights Owner) paperwork filed with eBay. Contact them, they'll contact eBay abou the violation, and eBay will take action.

If a record label isn't listed, use the RIAA link and send it to one or both of the addresses listed.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/vero-aboutme.html

I'm not after this to "get" sellers...I'm more interested in keeping buyers from getting stung by these fakes.

I was gonna check that....cooooooooooool!! :D Doesn't appear the seller has been suspended though. Wasn't it "misterap"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom