(Formerly) A&M Studios w/RC

Thank you for sharing! When in LA I always drive by the iron gates and peek in.
The lot's history is nothing short of astounding. It was really something to watch some of the artists and producers driving through as they gawked at Richard when they saw him. Incidentally, John Mayer was recording in Studio B that day and was also quite taken aback by the fact that he was seeing Richard in person.

This was the first time Richard had been back in nearly thirty years, so it was quite an emotional day for all of us, to be sure.

Thanks for sharing this! It certainly brightened my day. Richard seems very happy these days and I am so pleased for that.

Thanks for sharing Chris!!

Very beautiful vehicle to say the very least and Richard looks well and happy back in August 2021.

I have been trying to think what Richard's License plates could stand for with the "LC 4 RC"?

Would the LC be for Richard's Middle Name which is Lynn? And of course the RC is Richard Carpenter?

It wouldn't be Mary that I am aware of?

Only other thing is Kristi's Middle name is also Lynn?

Just curious!

Thank you!

The car is a Lexus LC500. About $100,000-$125,000 new. They’re awesome. All had stitched leather interior. I like the red one with tan seats, and dashboard, side panels myself. The navy blue with cream colored leather is nice too.

The car is a Lexus LC500. About $100,000-$125,000 new. They’re awesome. All had stitched leather interior. I like the red one with tan seats, and dashboard, side panels myself. The navy blue with cream colored leather is nice too.
Thank you for the information.

I feel like such an idiot not realizing that before after seeing plain as day that it was a Lexus and that it is Coupe but not fully knowing exactly what Model of a Lexus it was.

Makes sense now!

Thank you once again!

I was given a tour of the lot in 1989 by A&M's Jon Konjoyan. A very nice man and gracious host. (And that is when I saw the cardboard pressing of Karen's solo album. Someone- not him- salvaged a copy.)
Jon is a great guy! What a perfect host to take you through the A&M studios. You're so fortunate!

The lot's history is nothing short of astounding. It was really something to watch some of the artists and producers driving through as they gawked at Richard when they saw him. Incidentally, John Mayer was recording in Studio B that day and was also quite taken aback by the fact that he was seeing Richard in person.

This was the first time Richard had been back in nearly thirty years, so it was quite an emotional day for all of us, to be sure.

Wow! What was the occasion that brought RC back to visit the studios after 30 years? Did you get to ride in the 'LC' with Richard? I know RC had a short Instagram video of his return to A&M (Henson). Did someone film the whole visit along with shots of other artists/producers noticing or meeting with RC? That's the kind of occasion that should be documented for maybe future use in a really good documentary I envision about the making of the Carpenters sound or a companion documentary to go along with the Musical Legacy book.

Last edited:
Wow! What was the occasion that brought RC back to visit the studios after 30 years? Did you get to ride in the 'LC' with Richard? I know RC had a short Instagram video of his return to A&M (Henson). Did someone film the whole visit along with shots of other artists/producers noticing or meeting with RC? That's the kind of occasion that should be documented for maybe future use in a really good documentary I envision about the making of the Carpenters sound or a companion documentary to go along with the Musical Legacy book.
Here’s a snippet. As you mention, there’s a longer version where he’s walking around the lot and reminiscing that we/I uploaded to his Instagram page. I thought I had it archived on my YouTube channel along with the one below, but do not. I’ll have to upload it, or folks can go to @richardcarpenterofficial on Instagram to watch the extended feature in the meantime.

In the meantime…

Last edited:
Has the 'pong machine' been talked about elsewhere? Richard says in the video they played the pong machine when they 'should have been recording.'

He says that was a big deal at the time, and everyone used to hang out in there taking turns playing LOL
Some of us are old enough to remember when Pong came out...and it just wasn't a big deal on the A&M lot. The "home" version one could hook up and play on the television set caused many a fight in my houshold with siblings and others waiting thier turn to play!

You can play Pong online at:

pong-thumbnail.png

Back
Top Bottom