• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

(Formerly) A&M Studios w/RC

Credits would indicate that the classy A SONG FOR YOU photo was taken by Bill Hennigar.
Hennigar was involved with the artwork on the lyric sheet/inner sleeve. Bush, however, actually handled the photography. In fact, we included a couple of photos from the shoot in the book, for which Bush is credited. :)

Hennigar was involved with the artwork on the lyric sheet/inner sleeve.

Those images on the original LP inner sleeve, of the car, the calendar and the smartly dressed woman, are one of the main reasons I really hold this album dear to my heart. My first listen of this album - which really changed my life, and my taste in music - are associated with those images.

Hennigar was involved with the artwork on the lyric sheet/inner sleeve. Bush, however, actually handled the photography. In fact, we included a couple of photos from the shoot in the book, for which Bush is credited. :)
And a bit of trivia: The rope chain necklace Richard is wearing in the photograph actually belonged to the female assistant on the shoot. She thought it would be a nice touch, so Richard put it on. He's been wearing a rope chain ever since!

Was it an error that Bush wasn't credited on the LP?

Was it an error that Bush wasn't credited on the LP?
Ya know, I don't know the answer to that. Most likely, yes. Charles Bush has taken some of Richard's more recent headshots, but I'm not sure if he started out as a staff photographer or contract. Likely the former.

Ya know, I don't know the answer to that. Most likely, yes. Charles Bush has taken some of Richard's more recent headshots, but I'm not sure if he started out as a staff photographer or contract. Likely the former.
Looking for his work, I think he is Charles William Bush instead of Charles Bush the Louisiana wildlife photographer. Is that correct, @Chris May?

And I forgot to mention that this is the same studio in which the Carpenters are seen overdubbing their backing vocals to “Hurting Each Other” as seen on the program Jerry Dunphy Visits in 1972.
Jerry Denphy was the inspiration for Kent Brockman, the news anchor character on The Simpsons. I can't watch the Dunphy Visits clip without picturing Kent Brockman!!

Back
Top Bottom