Found a New(ish) Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) It's not new!! :laugh:
I think there is a whole tape of these outtakes from Music Music Music. The best part about these is that there is an outtake from the opening number where Karen is singing "A Song for You" live, it's just the first verse but still unusual since it's never been released from Richard as an outtake, it' would have been a nice addition to a set like "From the Top" However...we will never see this live version but I wish we would. I extracted that portion....just because I want everything of Karen. :love:

Hey yeah, I have seen some of those! I liked the one where they were shooting for 'From This Moment On'. Karen's facial expressions were priceless! One of my oddest memories involves me sitting in the back seat of the car on the way back from my very first All-State concert. (What is it with the Carpenters and my car? A great majority of my KCRC memories involve that darned vehicle)! I was virtually exhausted, and we were pretty darned far from home. I crashed in the back seat and watched as many of those outtakes as I could find, which I had queued on my iPad. Weird memory, right? I hadn't seen this particular video, however. Probably because it wasn't on YouTube (Where I live--I've seen every single Carpenters video on there). I just put it up here 'cuz I don't know how many people use DailyMotion. Did anyone catch what Karen said about lipstick? I couldn't. . .quite. . .decipher it. It sounded kinda like. . . "Tastes funny"? Yes no maybe so?

Sarah :D

What an interesting clip! Thanks!
I've never seen any of the Carpenters tv specials, I'd particularly like to see Music, Music, Music. Does anyone know if they are available to view anywhere please?
Thanks,
Bob

"that was funny. . . it's like the dark vomited up. . .". . .these are the words she speaks at the opening of the clip. . .you take her image and then see the sort of visually inventive comments she makes (pretty macabre ones, too), and you see she was so much deeper than everyone gave her credit for.

And is it just me, or does anyone feel that the siblings are sort of "in trouble" from the director. The way she cuts off mid-sentence and then the two of them kind of grimace at his directions.

Also sweet how she asks Richard if her lipstick looks alright just before they shoot. She doesn't ask the make-up artist, or the stylist. . .or any of the experts. . .she waits until they've gone and then asks her brother. She really did idolize him, didn't she?

I know I'm reading a lot into this but I watched this years ago and am pleased it's on a forum now to get feedback from other fans.

Neil

Yeah, I get your drift, Neil (or ullalume--whichever you prefer). I thought the lipstick thing was neat, as well. It never crossed my mind how much a star gets fussed over before filming!

In response to Bob (LondonRobert)--here is the full 'Music Music Music' episode I found on YouTube. You can watch it here, or you can just go to YT and type in "Carpenters Music Music Music". It's one of the first results.

Ciao!

Sarah

I only go by Ullalume as a stage name (kidding. . .it's a favourite Edgar Allan Poe poem. . .though I think I spelt it wrong years ago and never bothered to change it).

Yeah, it's a pretty damn good special, really

neil

Thank You so much Sarah! I should have had a look on YT really!
Very grateful for link, I'll look forward to watching it soon.
Bob

Why the h*ll didn't they release a standards album in conjunction with this special????? UGH!!!!!! What a musical tragedy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom