• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Goodbye to Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I was reading a post that stated the Carpenters promo mono mix was longer on goodbye to love. I was wondering how much longer is the guitar fade?

It's only about a second or two longer, as the fadeout is a bit slower. One can hear a wild organ riff beginning just as the track fades into silence, something I've not heard on any album version.

Harry
NP: mono "Goodbye To Love"

When was goodbye to love first recorded? I know that it was appeard on A Song For You which was released in 1972 but I know that Hurting Each Other was actually recorded in 1971 instead of 1972.

raz42289 said:
When was goodbye to love first recorded? I know that it was appeard on A Song For You which was released in 1972 but I know that Hurting Each Other was actually recorded in 1971 instead of 1972.

Actually, the oldest track on A Song For You may well be "Bless The Beasts And Children," which was originally released as the B-side of "Superstar" (AM 1289-S), with "Hurting Each Other" possibly being the second-oldest. The other tunes were likely recorded afterwards -- late '71-early '72 period. I.I.N.M., A Song For You was, by all appearances, released in the Spring of 1972, based upon the reference thereto on the label of their single "It's Going To Take Some Time" (AM-1351-S). Of all the tracks from this album released as singles (both A- and B-sides), I'd reckon one of the last to be so issued was their 1974 hit "I Won't Last A Day Without You."

As for "Goodbye To Love" (1367-S): It is the only known of their 1969-73 A&M singles (up to the re-recorded "Top Of The World") which, on the Columbia pressings, did not use that label's own artwork, instead "importing" label copy artwork from the Monarch ("Circle MR") pressing plant in L.A. Certainly, this was true of the pressings from Columbia's Pitman, N.J. plant; I can't vouch for the other two factories they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom