• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Happy Birthday Richard Carpenter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's clear that what Karen said during the peak of the Carpenters' success--that Richard's talents and achievements were not fully understood and appreciated--is a situation that has still not been sufficiently rectified. One of the truly wonderful things about this board is that it provides a home for so many of us to assist in ensuring that Richard receives the recognition that he so clearly deserves. And I know that all of us wish Richard, Mary and their children the happiest of days today, one of the two most special days in the annals of the Carpenters.

I wonder if Richard will be taking a drive in any of his favorite cars today, and, if so, which one(s)?? :cool:

I heartily echo the sentiments above! I thought I would also remind people, particularly members who may not have seen it, that I started a thread a few months ago, "Time for Some Love for Richard!" (http://www.amcorner.com/forum/threads/time-for-some-love-for-richard.14450/), which includes some great commentary, appreciation, video links, etc., all pertaining to Richard's talent specifically. Additional commentary is most welcome! :)

Last edited:
Yes, Happy Birthday Richard! May God Bless You and your family! Thanks for all you've shared with us and for making our lives richer because you chose to share your gifts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom