• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Happy Birthday Richard Carpenter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
From all of us here at A&M Corner, we'd like to wish you a very happy and safe birthday!!! -Chris

Happy Birthday Richard - and thanks for all of the wonderful music over the years. Keep it comin'!

Harry

Wanna wish a Happy Birthday (Is it 59 or 60...?--Sources Differ!) ...to one of my favorite musicians/songwriters/arrangers/sometimes singer ...and Look-Alike! :jester:

Dave :tongue:artyhat:

Happy Birthday Richard Carpenter!! Wishing you the very best!
Now enjoy your Birthday, rest, relax. Next week, get back in the studio and get that 45's collection ready! :)

aaflyer98 said:
Next week, get back in the studio and get that 45's collection ready! :)

I really hope they don't have the same problem with the two-channel masters that they did when first remastering the "30th Anniversary Collectors Edition" in Japan. Some of those masters had to be baked, and the Christmas Portrait tapes were completely destroyed! Well, we'll keep it positive and hope for the best! -Chris

Chris May said:
aaflyer98 said:

I really hope they don't have the same problem with the two-channel masters that they did when first remastering the "30th Anniversary Collectors Edition" in Japan. Some of those masters had to be baked, and the Christmas Portrait tapes were completely destroyed! Well, we'll keep it positive and hope for the best! -Chris

How were they destroyed?

GOODY4SHOES said:
Chris May said:
aaflyer98 said:

How were they destroyed?

Well, according to Richard, the album was mixed to the 2-channel originally on Ampex "Improved Series" tape. Apparently when they arrived in Japan for remastering, the oxide build-up was so bad, they couldn't even be baked/saved, hence, the entire remix of "Portrait". -Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom