1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Harriet - (Singer with echoes of Karen Carpenter)*

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by wideawakeat4am, Dec 7, 2014.

1. sallyblake

sallyblake New Member

At the moment Harriet is on your side the pond. She has tweeted that she is in New York, maybe making some contacts, I hope so.

Did a radio interview on SirusXM - baby steps

2. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

I saw that posted. Thanks.

3. garyjo777

garyjo777 Member

Hello, it has been a while since I was here. Has anyone heard when Harriet will release her new album? I have heard her say she is working on one for over a year now, and has traveled several times to Sweden for that endeavor. I have heard her write that she has performed some of the songs on her tour dates in England. Please let me know if you have heard any more. Thanks.

4. Hello garyjo777. Apparently Harriet has been recording in Sweden at the old Atlantis studios where ABBA recorded some albums and also at other studios.There was work done with an orchestra recently but the album looks like a winter release.Most songwriters seem to be from Sweden .Not heard any new stuff yet as I didn't go to her recent concerts here.

5. garyjo777

garyjo777 Member

I am looking forward to this album when it is released. Thanks for the information!

6. raz42289

raz42289 Active Member

She needs to a Carpenters cover album.

Jamesj75 likes this.
  7. sallyblake

sallyblake New Member

For those in the US, Harriet is currently in Orlando, Florida. She is recording live from Universal Studios for BBC Radio 2 as part of their summer escape.

Totally fail to see the point in Carpenters covers (they have already nailed it for me), and very glad she has not done any, but so looking forward to new music from Harriet who is a great new singer in her own right.

Murray and newvillefan like this.
  8. JamieHarrison

JamieHarrison Member

It looks like they are releasing the music that she's recorded for the Universal Studios/BBC Radio 2 show as part of something called Universal Sessions. So far we've heard a pretty amazing version of Smoke Gets In Your Eyes and an O.K version of Take On Me. I would've preferred new music but I think she's taking more time to make her new album so this is a nice 'something-in-between' releases.

Coming out on Monday. Likely digital but hoping for a physical format.

Murray likes this.
  9. JamieHarrison

JamieHarrison Member

It came out today on iTunes. It's an odd bunch of songs. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes is still the best of the bunch. Take On Me, You Get What You Give and When you Say Nothing At All aren't that great. I really want new material now. She mentioned on the show that she has been in Stockholm writing but she has been saying this for ages. I hope she updates us soon on new music.

[​IMG]

Jamesj75 likes this.
  10. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

The video for Harriet's new single was put up on YouTube today:

Jamesj75 likes this.
  11. JamieHarrison

JamieHarrison Member

She has just announced physical formats of the E.P! And, for the first time ever there's a vinyl which comes with a bonus track! Goes through her webshop.

12. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    According to my browser (both chrome and safari) her store website is not secure, there is no padlock and no https. Chrome indicates the site is not secure and to avoid any personal info. I wonder why? For any other website there is always the padlock icon, even this site has a padlock and the https.

I was going to order her vinyl 12" but I'm hesitant. Can anyone else confirm they are getting the same response?

13. sallyblake

sallyblake New Member

Yes Rick, no HTTPS I'm afraid but I don't think it is anything sinister just lacking tech expertise. I have shopped there using Paypal, that went without hitch and meant that no financial details were given insecurely.

14. sallyblake

sallyblake New Member

The 4 tracks from the EP are also on youtube now

Harriet - Take On Me
    In my view they are gap fillers while before them next album.