• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW Head East - U.S. 1 (SP-4826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Head East
U.S. 1

A&M SP-4826

sp4826.jpg

Tracks:

Babie Ruth
Fight For Your Life
I Surrender
Look to the Sky
Love Me Now

Out of the Blue
Sister, Sister
Susan
You'll Be the One

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on Nov. 8, 1980, peaked at #137 & charted for six weeks
Not reissued on CD

Please visit the official site for official discography, links and current information:

www.head-east.com

JB

This is one of those albums that I anticipated eagerly, played once or twice, then forgot about. The band was losing its appeal by this point. Everybody kept hoping for another Flat as a Pancake but it just wasn't happening. I still have this somewhere, I think.

It's hard to head east on US 1 as it runs north-south...

Harry

It's hard to head east on US 1 as it runs north-south...

Not to mention the sign utilizes the red/blue three-point crest shield Interstate color scheme, of which the North/South I-5 is the western-most. There is no "Interstate 1." The US Highway system signs for North/South routes are numbered from US-1 on the east coast to US-101 on the west... And those signs are white with black text (Green with white text for business districts) on a five-point crest shield...

Head East released 2 more albums "Onward & Upward" (Allegiance) (1982) & "Choice Of Weapons" (Dark Heart) (1988) (also on CD). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

If I remember correctly, this album was rather lame. By this point, John Schlitt had already left the band after nearly killing himself with substance abuse. For better or worse, Schlitt had (has) a distinctive voice, and was a focal vocal in this band. After he cleaned up and spent five years out of the music business entirely, he joined the Christian band Petra in 1986, and continued as lead singer until 2005. He rarely speaks of his Head East days. No wonder. FLAT AS A PANCAKE was a distant memory... and the whole thing just descended afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom