1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!

Herb Alpert's son

Discussion in 'The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass' started by B-Dub, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B-Dub

B-Dub New Member Thread Starter

I know that Aria Alpert has received some recent attention (and good reviews) as a fledgling young actress, but what has become of her step-brother, Dore, whose mother is Herb Alpert's first wife, Sharon? Was Dore involved at all in A & M Records? I know that Herb's brother, Dave, was an executive at A & M, but I'm not sure whether or not Dore was employed there. Just curious :shock:

2. Steve Sidoruk

Steve Sidoruk Founder, A&M Fan Net Moderator

The last I knew, I think that he was working at the Herb Alpert Foundation.

3. Mr Bill

Mr Bill Lego Master Model Builder Moderator

It's "half-brother" not "step-brother." His sister Eden works with Pat Senatore in scheduling acts at Vibrato...

--Mr Bill

4. B-Dub

Oops...I apologize for making the mistake between "half-" and "step-" in referring to how Dore Alpert is related to Aria. I seem to get really mixed up most of the time in trying to keep track of these things. Again, my apologies! :oops:

5. Captaindave

Captaindave Well-Known Member

I'm not really clear on the Alpert family tree, so to speak.

Can someone maybe post who's who among the family?

I know about Sharon - Herb's first wife; what were the names of the children from that marriage? And, what are the names of the children from the Herb/Lani marriage?

Who are Herb's siblings? And, what were his parent's names?

6. Captain Bacardi

Captain Bacardi Well-Known Member Moderator

Herb and Sharon had Dore and Eden. Herb and Lani had Aria. David was one of Herb's brothers, but I don't know about the names of the others (I think he has a sister as well). Louis and Tillie were his parents. The fact that I know these things tells me that I definitely need to get a life!!! :rolleyes:

Capt. Bacardi

Steven J. Gross likes this.
  7. Cortnee

Cortnee Member

Herb's sister is Mimi Feldman.

8. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

"Dore Alpert" was who Herb went by when he was attempting to get into a career as an actor, so when it didn't work out, he went back to being "Herb"... :jester: "Dore Alpert" seemed like such a good name, so that's how he named his son... :D

Dave

9. B-Dub

From what I understand from bios I've read in the past, Dore was named after the first two notes of the solfege scale, DO and RE.

10. Mike

Mike Active Member

Ah yes, the solfege scale...

So that would mean that the next two kids should have been named Mifa and Solla?

I think I'll name my next kid Tido.

Just humming Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol-La-Ti-Do on line!

11. Mr Bill

Mr Bill Lego Master Model Builder Moderator

And the next one "Germaine" -- that way you'd transition from the Alpert family to the Jackson family... :laugh:

--Mr Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.