• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🍿 Trivia HORIZON: Name That Cat...

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
In 1975, Richard and Karen released their sixth studio album entitled Horizon, which has become the gold standard for many in terms of the duo's -- and especially Karen's -- best efforts.

Seen here listening to a playback in studio D at A&M, can anyone name the gentleman standing in between them?

StudioDCARPS.jpg

I was originally going to guess, Ray Gerhardt, but then I saw his photo on Jack Daugherty's Class of 1971 album and its not the same person. I hope my method doesn't constitute cheating!😟

This is another topic, but does anyone know if any other photos of Ray Gerhardt exist on the internet? The one on the Daugherty album is the only one I've been able to find.

In 1975, Richard and Karen released their sixth studio album entitled Horizon, which has become the gold standard for many in terms of the duo's -- and especially Karen's -- best efforts.

Here they are listening to a playback in studio D at A&M. Can anyone name the gentleman standing in between them?

StudioDCARPS.jpg

Those that guessed Jimmy Getzoff were correct!

Born on December 3, 1921, James "Jimmy" Getzoff was a violinist and concertmaster on several Carpenters studio albums, as well as many of their live concert dates. Born a child prodigy, he gave his first concert at 6 years of age and was known for his work in countless film scores and hit albums throughout the years. He also was the youngest member ever to join the L.A. Philharmonic, having landed a seat when he was 18 years old. Jimmy passed away September 15, 2015 at his home in Marina Del Rey, CA.

Back
Top Bottom