‘I Feel You’ CD Arrived…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

I assume everyone that pre-ordered a copy of ‘I Feel You’ received it today? What, you didn't? :sad: Then why was my copy sitting on the front step when I arrived home?
I was very surprised! I thought it might be a ‘restricted release’, only available after February 8th. Maybe someone in the Shipping Department messed up. Oh well, I am not going to complain!
So, it is time to get off the computer, warm up ye olde Hi-Fi stereo system and give it a spin or two or three. I will let you know how it is, but maybe not tonight. I'll be a little busy. :)

Lucky man. I wish my copy would arrive early - but then again, it occurs to me that I haven't ordered it yet!

Harry

"plus shipping" -- you would probably save $$ if you buy it in a store.

If you can find it in a store.

If you can find a store.

Mike Blakesley said:

Concord provided multiple shipping options starting with UPS @ $1.50 and USPS for $2.

Twelve dollars is a small investment for all the hours of enjoyment I will get from the CD!

Mike Blakesley said:

Hate to say it, but with the price of gas, many of us WILL save money by NOT getting the new disc at a "store".

I'm all for people getting the new CD any way they can find it.

10 bucks is a GREAT price!

You would pay more than that for lossy downloads!:cool:

I ordered mine directly from the Concord Music Group website, just like said above, $1.50 shipping and arrived quickly! I've just about worn out this copy already and might need to order another one!

I wound up taking the advice of y'all and ordering directly from Concord. Hopefully it comes as quikcly as you've gotten it...happy just the same for when it does arrive (although given these snow storms in the east, I'm happy if anything arrives, let alone ontime...). drs

$1.50 for shipping is indeed a good deal. Well, actually it's not a "good" deal because it really only costs about a dollar to mail a CD. But it's better than typical mail order.

I guess I'm just used to all these TV ads where the item is "Just 19.99, plus processing and handling," and then the processing and handling turns out to be another 15 bucks or more."

Mike Blakesley said:
Well, actually it's not a "good" deal because it really only costs about a dollar to mail a CD.

You got to be kidding! Really?

$1.50 isn't a "good" deal?!

Your're right, come to think of it, it's an AMAZING deal!

I mail CD's all the time and by the time I add in the cost of a bubble mailer or other packaging and a first class postage it easily costs over a $1.50

Come to think of it, now I wonder if you are quoting old Pony Express rates? Even "Media Mail" is $1.62 for 3 ounces and a CD with case weighs over that!

$1.50 isn't an amazing deal?! Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Well, we are both right.

I just checked the rates using a copy of ANYTHING GOES and using first class parcel rates, it's $1.39. (For the casual reader, sending a CD by media mail is more expensive, and slower, than first class.)

In my post I said "about a dollar." By which I meant, "around a dollar." $1.39 would fit that description.

Anyway, the mailers we use here cost about 15 cents each in bulk. (Not bubble pack, a stiff cardboard mailer is cheaper and better.)

But then you should also consider that Concord may be getting some kind of a bulk rate for mailing hundreds of pieces per month. I have no idea what that might reduce the rates to.

My point being that while $1.50 is definitely a "good deal" when considering what most companies are charging for postage, it's not like Concord is making a huge sacrifice. In fact they are probably making a few cents profit on the postage even at that rate. Concord is definitely not being greedy on this like many companies would, so that's a good thing. But I wouldn't call it "amazing."

EDIT: I just re-read above and it said that they are using UPS for that $1.50 rate. That actually is pretty amazing. On the other hand, we get our CDs shipped here from Florida -- they always come by Next Day Air and we only get charged $9.50 even if the box weighs 10 pounds or more. If I was to send the same box back to them from here by the same service, it would easily be $60 or more. So who knows what UPS does with their ground rates when shipping a lot of pieces.

The real amazing part of this whole thing is that $10 price for the CD itself. Wholesalers are charging stores $11.69 for the exact same item.

Question: Why haven't all y'all preordered the new album via Amazon through this here site? It's a tangible expression of support for the Corner when you do.

=Mike A

:oops:

An excellent point Mike. In fact, I'll make it real easy for all of you.

Just click on the album cover and order the new album through Amazon and support the Corner at the same time.

Harry

Thanks, Harry! Had I known, I would have ordered the CD this way. Does that work for any Amazon purchase I make through the A&M Corner site?

As long as you enter Amazon by clicking the link found at the bottom of most Corner pages, the Corner will get a much-appreciated small cut of everything you buy.

I found a copy for $8.99 at my local Disc Exchange yesterday, in a standard jewel case rather than cardboard package like the previous release. Wondered if this copy's a promo or if they're all this way (?)

Haven't had time to listen yet.

JB

Look at the sequence of tracks - the final version was changed - you can check it against the Concord site.

My "I Feel You" CD was returned to Concord for redelivery for some reason ... but I discovered that it is now available on emusic.com so I have it to hear TODAY :wink:

There is a 15th track at i-Tunes - A Taste Of Honey - done in the style of the rest of the new album. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom